Colostomy Appliance Change Frequency

Replies
Views
Justbreathe
Reply to Anonymous

Alrighty then... everybody sing! Those who won't be having a reversal can harmonize in support of those who will. JB

bowsprit

Mario Lanza had exceptional talent and a beautiful voice. He didn't get along with Dore Schary and Louis B. Mayer, who, it is said, ran their studio like a personal fiefdom. They fired him from MGM, which made him move to Rome, but his health deteriorated, and he died at the age of 38. Betty Hicks, his wife, returned to the US but died five months later from a drug overdose. A sad and tragic story. One of Elvis Presley's greatest hits, "It's Now or Never," is an English translation of one of his recordings. Domingo Placido said this about him: "Lanza's passion and the way his voice sounds are what made me sing opera. I actually owe my love for opera... to a kid from Philadelphia." Mario Lanza Boulevard in that city is named after him. I doubt that Dore Schary or Louis B. Mayer have been similarly honored.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,461 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Ozzie15

I have an ileostomy and I change my appliance every 7 days unless a leak causes me to change it sooner.

patrickrichardson1946
Reply to Wildflower 81

Wildflower, good luck with the reversal and a future bagless life.

Teebull
Reply to Wildflower 81

I've used both. I really really disliked the paste. Sticky and hard to use. I have used Eakin rings and Brava protective rings. Definitely prefer those.

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Teebull
Reply to Wildflower 81

Highly recommend showering without the bag. Helps the skin and definitely makes you feel cleaner. It's been long enough since your surgery to shower without the bag.

AlexT
Reply to Teebull

You should try the Eakin Stomawrap. It's fairly new.

Past Member

I use 2 PC Hollister (closed-end bags) and change the wafer every other day and bag as needed, usually 4 times a day. Pop them off, put another one on. Fast and easier than emptying and rinsing. Fortunately, insurance covers it or I wouldn't be able to afford doing it that way.

Past Member

I use 2 PC Hollister (closed-end bags) and change the wafer every other day and bag as needed, usually 4 times a day. Pop them off, put another one on. Fast and easier than emptying and rinsing. Fortunately, insurance covers it or I wouldn't be able to afford doing it that way.

MadisMeme
Reply to Anonymous

I also use a 2-piece closed bag system which I love!! But I'm having to self-pay because Medicare will not pay for a 2-piece closed!

I guess I will use it as long as I can afford them, then go back to rinsing as I go.

Justbreathe
Reply to Wildflower 81

Just reread some comments here and thought I'd throw in this bit of on-the-job experience. I had a bag removal issue at one time but quickly discovered I needed to spend a few more minutes waiting for the adhesive remover wipe to complete its task - doing so has allowed very easy removal of the old zip lock and no skin issues. jb

ruthietito

Had mine for 23 months. Became proficient with skincare and proper attachment to prevent leaks. I typically would go 4 days. Because I had practiced good skincare, I would change at 2 days, especially if output had been heavy. The products used are so important.

ruthietito
Reply to Justbreathe

Agree!

tcramsey1947
Reply to Justbreathe

WOW. I’m going to call them