Upcoming Reversal Surgery: Nervous but Hopeful

Replies
Views
Renfromtexas

7:00 am 15th

For my reversal surgery. 17 months.

It's long awaited and now nervous time. I'm having a good lunch today.

CrappyColon

All you have to do tomorrow is take a deep nap. I'm told I pack too much for hospital stays, but.... I don't care, I'm the one having surgery.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,358 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

ron in mich

Good luck, Ren. I hope all goes well for you.

eefyjig

Best of luck to you!

mild_mannered_super_hero

Good luck, Texas.... You will do well.

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
SallyK

Good luck!

Ben38

Good luck.

Delsol93

Good luck! We'll be thinking of you. I'm two months past mine and very happy with the results (so far).

AlexT

Hope everything goes perfectly.

CrappyColon

What was lunch today???

Axl

I hope that you get everything you wish for, girl.

Axl

Renfromtexas
Reply to CrappyColon

The best authentic Mexican burrito with salsa verde and green chilies and chicken tamales, and dinner tamales, and jalapeno venison sausage. Gotta get my spicy food out of my system.

CrappyColon
Reply to Renfromtexas

Girl, you went big! You're my hero!!! You're going to do great tomorrow!

Renfromtexas
Reply to CrappyColon

Ha! I dare not try that after surgery for a while. Think I'll eat extremely bland food after. If I have to, a B.R.A.T. diet

Scrambled eggs, soups, ground beef, baked fish. We'll see. I'm a starving kind of girl. I love my food. I'm already hungry. I was told nothing after midnight and it's only 9:17.

CrappyColon
Reply to Renfromtexas

I had bought those Gerber baby puffs when I was on soft foods after graduating from thick liquids. My teen son loved them and pretty much ate them all lol

eefyjig

Thinking of you today, Ren!

CrappyColon

Thinking about you, Ren. Hope your healing is off to a good start.

Ycitygrl3842

Good luck from another Texan!

Celia1552

Hope you are doing well and healing quickly!

Renfromtexas
Reply to CrappyColon

I had my surgery 6 days ago. I feel so much better. 5 days back to regular diet. As before surgery, I eat little bites to make sure I tolerate them well. Yesterday, tuna sandwich. I mostly ate tuna for dinner, 4 bites of hamburger patty with mustard, 2 bites of white cake, 4 baked Lay's chips. Today, breakfast 6th day. Little cup Dole peaches, dry rice Chex, 2 bites of scrambled eggs (hospital ones). Yuck. I made sure and brought my butt paste and soft TP and baby wipes so no booty burns. Haha. I feel like I can breathe again. Thanks for checking in on me. Jesus is the best!! And truly answers our prayers.

Celia1552

Wonderful news! So glad it's going well!

CrappyColon
Reply to Renfromtexas

Yes!!!!! So happy to hear your recovery is off to a good start!

Axl

You're on your way, good for you.

Take it easy..

eefyjig
Reply to Renfromtexas

That's great news! Continue to heal well and move on!

Renfromtexas

Reversal 6 days after

Renfromtexas

6 days after ileostomy reversal surgery.

Axl

No fun there... Get your rest and take care, will be thinking of you....

Daughter
Reply to Renfromtexas

This may sound like a stupid question, but what kind of drain is that with the red output? Is that an abscess drain?

Bob 48
Reply to Renfromtexas

My kind of food, I love it. Good luck with your surgery.

Bob 48

I meant good luck with recovery.