Drink

In this discussion
Replies
Views
mazz

Are you okay drinking wine after four weeks from surgery with an ileostomy?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,097 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

tarababy

I say yes...if it makes you relax a little, why not? Not a wine drinker myself, but I craved a shandy when I got out of the hospital (shandy is beer with lemonade) and I'm not a beer drinker. Maybe try it in small doses first and see how you go. Tara

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
vulcanBMk2

When I first got out of the hospital with my urostomy, my visiting stoma nurse told me, "Don't forget your 5-a-day healthy fruit and vegetables." She said, however, one of those 5 could be taken in cider form (apple beer), so I always make sure I've got a couple of cans in the fridge. I like 6-7% proof... Well, the nurse did say it was OK, lol!

mazz

Hi Vulcan.
Sounds like good advice. I might try that one, but with beer. Cheers! Been reading the jokes. Very funny. Keep it up.

jeffpost

I got a colostomy about a month ago. I had a major infection while in the hospital, and now the stoma doesn't work. I've been drinking Jim Beam and Coke. Can't hurt.

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
mazz

Hi all, went out this Saturday and got hammered. Ended up having three pints and three shots, but really enjoyed it. Also had my first real good night's sleep. I'm going out next Saturday on a hen night, can't wait. I'm not gonna let this bag stop me from having fun.

tarababy

Hi Mazz, so nice to see you got out and had a good night... Hammered hey? Well done girl. Wish I could join you... No fun drinking on your own. Did you get up to anything funny?....
Having this bag on you won't stop you from doing anything fun, that part is in the head.. And from what I see..... you have that beat already... Keep it up Mazz and keep us informed...