Hospital Parking Fees

Replies
Views
spiritman
Hi there to all of you!
As a constant returning hospital patient making appointment time visits,
I have had the misfortune of being given a parking ticket although I have the Blue Badge and at that time it was an emergency visit with a note added to that effect! Also, up until now my relations' parking fees have added up to an amount of 470 Appx in the last few months! So in reality, we the ill patients have to pay a heavy price just for being ill and needing hospital treatments................Is this the way to make us recover our health faster?????????? Bernie! (Illostomy/Kidney disease) Essex.
alanwbrowning

I can feel your pain! Just the other day, I parked in a "pay-for-parking" lot. After ten minutes, I returned to my truck to find a parking ticket for $30.00. I was pissed! I have no problem being penalized for a day's parking, but $30.00 is clearly punitive and vindictive and should be changed! Anyway, I hope your incident does not discourage you from getting the help you need at the hospital! We ostomates need to stick together and encourage each other!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,361 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

budd002

I can relate. I have a handicap parking permit and had to take my son into the emergency room, so I parked in a handicap spot. I took him in and he was taken in right away. I got him settled and told the nurse I just wanted to go move my car. I wasn't even in the emergency room for 5 minutes and when I went out to my car, I had a $30.00 ticket! I then noticed the "rent-a-cop" guy still wandering around writing other tickets. I then moved my car, went to get my pay and display ticket, and went over to ask about this ticket. He turned to me and said, "Either pay it or see ya in court!" Just like that too! All I said back was, "Oh really??? We'll see about that!" I then went into his supervisor, explained the situation, and needless to say, the ticket was torn up and the supervisor said he would deal with the rent-a-cop. My son was actually admitted with double pneumonia that day but has made a full recovery. What if I were, say, a heart attack patient or was bringing someone in that was having a heart attack? I personally couldn't care less about going over to the machine, fumbling to get the machine to accept my money, choosing the time length because we all know how long we will be there for. Then go back to my car to put the ticket on the dash. The person would be dead by then. Not to mention the closest machine to where I parked didn't even work, so I'm supposed to go running around looking for one that does?? It's crazy! I know hospitals rely on parking fees to help with funding, but I mean for patients that are in on a weekly basis, there has to be a better way!

Sharry
Belinda

I think hospital parking fees are a disgrace. Does anybody actually want to be at a hospital, whether they're the patient or visiting a friend or relative? It's bad enough being ill without having to pay for the privilege!

Mike

The parking fees at Cedars Sinai in Los Angeles are $9.00 a day unless you have someone in the hospital. Then the first day is free, and after that, it's back to $9.00 a day. They nickel and dime you to death.

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
boatlady

I have found a way around hospital parking.... I use the staff car park. I write a note saying I am agency staff and will be back shortly with a pass! Lol, I got away with it so far... Well, it's not fair if you use public transport. You get your bus fare refunded, but not parking. So if you are fit enough for a bus, that's okay. The world's gone mad.