What foods can I eat after ileostomy? Also, advice on gas and acid reflux?

Replies
Views
ZACK

Sorry for the previous joke; I did learn not to eat peanuts by the handful. I did get blockage, but it passed by drinking lots of water. Popcorn can do that too.

Teddi Bear

What is a paste stick that folks on here refer to, please?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,423 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

jjMonaVie

Hi,
Did you ever get an answer to this question?
There is info on how to get a free sample of NaScent on this site...that's how I found it and I love it.
I think it is in the classifieds.

Sorry for the late reply, I am not on here often.
But I am so glad to have found this site, wish I knew about it when I had my surgery.

strongandbroken

Ok JJMonavie, I'm interested in this juice you talk about. I'm in Toronto. Where can I find some? Do they sell sampler kits?

Thanks!

Michael
NewlifeVictoria

Hi, zwj. I must say, I don't try certain foods anymore after I got a blockage. But if you do try a little and chew, chew. However, I can't eat salads and many things. But I try to drink a lot and I do ensure and vitamins liquid because I found the pills in my bag or while watching the stoma when I change it. I sit without anything on to let my skin and everything get a break! I sit with a big bed pad thing and tuck it in so I can sit and not worry about it going all over me and everywhere! But I must say, it's a different life and I don't want to spend it alone if I don't have to. As I must say, people can be brutal and men can be rude and ignorant, and I know they're not all the same! Good luck with eating and stay safe as well.

Take care, Victoria.

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister