Dealing with Strong Smells After Waking Up

Replies
Views
Hisbiscus
Reply to Fred383

Thanks for your words because it has been getting me down. Recently, I noticed a defect in some of my mio pouches that I use. I think output is micro leaking smells from the Velcro ends. One night, there was output on top of the Velcro, the side with the tabs, and it was a totally new bag and had not even been emptied yet. I've always questioned these Velcro ends from the start. Maybe I have been smelling. If so, that stuff will get into your clothing, bedding, etc... Anyhow, I am back in my Convatec Active Life Hard Convex that has a clip for now. I always felt secure with my clip that nothing was getting out. Maybe the mio was just not for me.
I'm sure you're right though about her wanting attention. It sure seems that way. She does try to draw attention to herself on a regular basis. Regardless, she still deserves the fart spray, lol!

Beth22
Reply to Hisbiscus

I had some of the earlier posts that I didn't see until now, but for the end of your bag, try baby wipes. That's what I use to wipe the end of the bag along with inside toward the end as well.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,315 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Hisbiscus
Reply to Beth22

I used to use wipes until they started reformulating them all by putting in aloe, glycerin, vitamin E, which is oily, and some other oily things that caused my pouch seal to go. I'm always on the search for some that don't have anything but cleansing ingredients in them. I've even found regular baby wipes that were perfect, and then a few months later, Amazon discontinued them. I wish the pouch manufacturers would come up with a pouch-friendly wipe that can be used to wipe the ends. They do have cleansing wipes, but they are adhesive remover cleansing wipes, so those are a no-go.
I wanted to add that I rinse with water, so that's how the oily residue from the wipes gets up into my pouch.

Mumma Bear

Hi,

You may already have found something that works for you now. (It's my first time on the site today) but I was recommended to put half an extra strong mint in my bag for odor. Trust me, it works a treat and is cheap and easy to transport.

Hope this helps.

Hisbiscus

Hi folks,

Update in the situation. This situation took a turn for the worse. The woman was obsessed with harassing me. Police were called and she told the officer that she did not like when I run my bathroom fans and he told her she can use her fans and that this is apartment living and she has to get used to it. Found out later that 5 people in my complex were connected to my internet. All kinds of devices were connected. I ultimately decided to get out of there due to her harassment amongst other reasons. I felt like I was in prison living there. She watched every move I made. She'd be in the window when I would pull in from work etc. It was very unsettling to say the least. I never in my life ran into a wacko like this. I now know they exist.
Not having any smell issues where I'm at now and no one is complaining. My confidence has gone back up again.

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister