EVANGELICAL VOTES?

In this discussion
Replies
Views
christiesdad
Been following the political Republican debates?
I see where all the concern is about which candidate is going to corner he Evangelical Vote, meaning which candidate is going to win the popularity contest based, not on his ability to lead, nor his stand on foreign relations, not his stand on the economy, but for what his religeous preference is. Catholics are not going to vote for a non-catholic, Jews are not going to vote for a non-Jew, Born again Christians,(Baptist, Methodist, Presbyterians,etc.) are not going to vote for a non-Born again Christian. So just throw out each plank of the candidates platform and vote for his religeon, just because it is one that you are affiliated with??Well, as it turns out now there is a Morman,(Romney), a Catholic,(Gendrich) I can't remember what religeon the other two are. But isn't it a little hypocritical? To only vote for a candidate of your particular faith? I'll wager if a Catholic,Baptist,Morman or any ther other western religeon believer needed a brain operation and was told that."well Mr Jones there are several brain surgeons available, however the most qualified one is not of your faithand the least qualified one is of your faith. Which one do you think that Mr. Jones would "elect, or vote for" to perform the surgery. You can bet you sweet bippy that he would toss his religeous views out the window and go for the most qualified surgeon, even if the surgeon were a Muslem!!
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,090 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member
Pickens (in general) are so-o-o thin, scary, huh?
BEG
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
kbd
Yeah, I think voting for the guy who has the biggest bible and prays the most is not necessarily the best way to pick a president, even though I'm pro-bible and pro-praying I'm more interested in how they Are Not going to screw up the country. I've come to the conclusion that I must hold my nose and vote for the least smelly one in the bunch of stinkers in the end.
christiesdad
Yep!
I agree with that premise, vote for the least smelly.

The important thing is to just vote! At least that gives us a small voice in politics.