Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Relationships

Atheists and Agnostics on this site

Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:20 pm
This is a great community. Consider joining.

Amen to that!

These are the top 5 issues ostomates face:

1. Dating and relationships
2. Concealing the pouch
3. Foods to eat and avoid
4. Losing or gaining weight
5. Pouch ballooning

Check out this video from MeetAnOstoMate.
Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:37 pm

Wow, over 3 years since Guest posted this topic.  I think the question got lost a couple times as some battles ensued.  I need to point out, however, while we were argueing about whatever, we probably weren't thinking about our other problems like those associated with stomas or health in general.  Maybe that's a good thing.  

Relative to where we came from, how did it all happen, is there a God, etc. we won't know the answers in this lifetime.  Is it important to believe in something?  I think so and, as long as it doesn't cause harm to anyone or anything, whatever one believes is OK with me.  Mostly it's about what works for us and the biggest part of "works for us" IMHO is what makes us better for those around us, especially those who care for us.  

How could our existance have no purpose?  We've identified the purposes of all the scientific stuff like gravity, electromagnetism, mass, etc. and one of the purposes for those things is so we could continue to exist.  There's obviously meaning to how we treat all those things and how we treat ourselves and others.  It seems like it would be a shame if we just lived then died and nobody cared.  I care and though I'm convinced I'll never know the answers, I'll never stop looking, asking and probably even praying.

Respectfully,

Mike

Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:55 pm

mike, thanks for bringing up this old thread, its very interesting to see the post`s by several members who havent posted in a long time...... nothing stimulates the forum lke a good old fashioned fight!! and i certianly do miss some of them. regards mmsh

Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:34 pm

Hey, MMSH, sounds like you're taking the gloves off.  I love it!

Mike

Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:15 pm

Interesting Mike.

I think that folks know there is more to us then this world. Life has proven that we are not just flesh. Science can keep a body functuning with machines and in my opinion it's not living, but it is functioning only because the machine is making it.

Are there humans that can exist without a body? How could that be....when we die, the body dies, we leave it......where do we go......what exactally is the part that goes.......our consciousness.....the power given to our brain? If not then we cease to exhist, and there was no purpose. Then why would we be here?

I also think that we would treat each other better because we know that everyone is important and everyone has a purpose. It also means we are accountable for what we say and do. I believe this is where mankind has a problem. We think we are in control....but can we do anything on our own.....really? Did we invent anything that hasn't come from this planet wether it was used for good or used against us?

I believe people know there is a God. The scientific big bag theory just doesn't make sense to me anyway. And evolution.....really, think about it....was there a group of beings who evolved into a human from an ape, I'm not the least convinced.

How could our existance be without a purpose? There is a purpose.

Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:14 pm

Hi Mrs.A.  More stuff to think about.  Thanks.

I believe there's a reason for everything.  Sometimes we just don't know that reason.  I think it's good for us to believe there's a reason for our existence.  What that reason is could be very different for different folks.  If there's no reason then what matters?  It's too deep for me.

Mike

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.