Need help gaining weight after ileostomy surgery

Replies
Views
hometown

Hi, just thought I would drop in and let you know I had the same trouble after the ostomy. It took me many months to gain all of my weight back, but I kept drinking Carnation Instant Breakfast twice a day even when I didn't want it. You will be okay as time passes. Good luck, Joyce.

Anoniem18

Just thought I let you know: I was declared cancer-free in December 2012. And the 6 months follow-up was positive, i.e. no change. Read somewhere that autopsy studies showed that 50% of the men who died had prostate cancer (not the cause of death). So told my oncologist that since I was cancer-free he must be the lucky one. Also told him that while I may be one, he couldn't call me an a..h.le anymore since that would be anatomically incorrect. Got a good laugh out of him. Ed

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
freedancer

You know, 8 weeks is still early. I lost over 35 pounds with my New Maxine. I have stabilized out now that I can eat a more normal diet. I think you need to give yourself more time to heal and stabilize your body. I used to really enjoy a peanut butter flavored protein shake but I would add to it with two tablespoons of regular creamy peanut butter, almond milk and a banana. It helped me to start to gain a little bit but I like my smaller size so I watch what I eat. Good luck to you! ;Pamela