Will anyone help my poor two fingers? Typing, that is!

In this discussion
Replies
Views
gutenberg
How to start. Yesterday, Sept. 26, I just had this urge to vent so I nimble up my two fingers and started in. After an hour or more I finally hit Submit, this was on the Forum Page under Chit Chat, in any event, POOF, GONE, where I don't know but I can't find it, so now my question Is: Is it possible to set a post on Windows Word and do a copy and paste 'cause if it disappears I would still have the original.
And after all that I vented some more. WTF with only two fingers to work with and losing all that work, I said to myself, damn that pisses me off, so I left my makeshift computer room. didn't want to put a fist to my new computer. Any Ideas from the strawberry patch.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,090 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

Hiya,

Yes, you can prepare your vent or post in MS Word or Outlook, save it as a normal document (saved as a draft in MS Outlook), and then cut and paste it into the body of your forum post. It also means that you have a better spell checker in the MS application, as the spell checker on the forum needs to be downloaded. You can also import pictures the same way.

It's not very funny when you spend an age typing for it to go awol in cyberspace!
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
gutenberg
Please accept my gratitude, you made my day. By the way, nice looking cat.
tarababy

Hey Gutenberg, watch that cat!!!.....It's a bit suss I think...weird thing going on with its eyes....lmao..But yes, I have had the same thing happen to me when I first came on this site. I can use 3 or 4 fingers at times.lol.. I was rambling on for ages...and yep..like you clicked submit and "Poof"......You can never get the second one to have the same oomph!! No matter how hard you try hey? Keep trying, you will get it..cheers Tara

Past Member

I think this is a common problem when it takes a long time to complete the post. I think the server sometimes logs you off the site if there is any other traffic and it sees you as "inactive". If you have a good post going and the words are just "flowing", hit submit....this will save what you have and you can then hit "edit" and finish what you were thinking. Good luck and keep those posts coming.....

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
gutenberg
Hi Tarbaby: Just curious when you use three fingers, are two on one hand and one on the other or can you switch the two to the other hand? LOL Thanks all for replying.

PS: Re spell check, when I click on it and bring the cursor straight down all the mistakes disappear. I have found if I hit spell check, move the cursor all the way to the right, come down the side and up from the bottom it works great, now I call it my back door spell checker. Anyone else had this oddity?
eddie

Hey, Gut. I work primarily as a nurse now and when I had only desk work, I had someone to type for me. Though I am really proud of myself now, I use 8 fingers - count 'em, 8! LOL! Something I do is type along a sentence or two and look up and discover, like now, ohh I just typed everything in caps., and I wasn't shouting at anyone. I don't know how to change case here, so Word would take care of that. Also, good point.
Keep on laughing.
Eddie

gutenberg
Well for ten years I was a Linotype operator, setting hot type, I sometimes do it in my sleep but it had a completely different keyboard. I'm too lazy to , take typing lessons too busy just trying to remain mobile, nasty spinal problems. Just well enough to bitch and complain, (Not really.) Ed
kenkd

I once was able to type 60 words per minute (without errors) using only two fingers with the addition of a couple other fingers on occasion. I have memorized the keypad quite well.

I sometimes jot down my 'posts' in, believe it or not, Notepad for the various blog and article writing websites I submit to. For the serious articles, I will use my word processing program (mainly for the proper formatting).

tarababy

Hi Ed, well it seems I can use 4 on one hand, 3 on the other. And when I'm thinking about it... try to throw the pinky on the left in there so it doesn't get too lazy... but sheesh doesn't that thumb become a pain when it hits the space bar before it's meant to?! Anyway, I do believe Mr. Mild is right... that's why I don't do all my jokes in one go now... hehehe... I learned. Plus, I got kicked out of high school typing classes because I had a crush on the male teacher... how yummy was he? Back to your problem though... I'm old-fashioned and I still think you can't go past writing it down on good old-fashioned paper. And you can re-read and add or take something away... and yeah, okay, I'm not good with computers and what was said before about word and formatting? And spell check???? WTF? Isn't that why we went to school? To learn to spell... awe, I'm sorry, not everyone's good at English. Okay, enough of me, I'm gone... cya's