Replies
Views
mild_mannered_super_hero

http://www.virtualwall.org/iStates.htm

Sandywr

welcome home to all the veterans. THANK YOU

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,358 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Primeboy

Here is one of my favorite Veterans" Day memorial songs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdoQhEqzAb4

We cannot do enough for our Vets. What a shame our government let them down so badly through ;the negligence of the ;VA. Let's be sure the memory of ;their service and sacrifices does not just fade away and die.

PB

Mrs.A

You know PB,

I could never understand why folks who do so much less get paid so much more. I still believe it's

http://youtu.be/0Az2BvTcshg

Primeboy

I don't know why, either, Alyce. We reward athletes who can juggle or tumble and our actors who can rant and rave hundreds of millions annually but we are content in giving peanuts to our soldiers who keep us safe from the horrors of terrorists or to teachers who open ;new worlds to our young. I suppose as a society we value amusement and entertainment far more that security or knowledge. Our generation does not know or appreciate what others have sacrificed to get us here. I have no doubt that hard times lie ahead for all of us because we have taken our eyes off of fundamentals. I have a sign posted in my basement's man cave which says "If you can read this, thank a teacher; but if it's in English, thank a soldier." When will we ever learn?

PB

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
iMacG5

Thanks for the reminder MMSH.  PB reminds us how we take all our luxuries for granted.  Lots of us here got smacked by a reality we never expected and I think we're all wiser and more appreciative for it.

I need to advertise some great stuff our VA is doing.  My father-in-law was 94 when we couldn't care for him at home any longer.  He was a Navy Guy in WWII and was invited to the VA facility at Menlo Park, Edison New Jersey.  For starters, he was welcomed with the highest respect and introduced to a beautiful room in a place that five star hotels should envy.  All his needs were attended to in a most professional manner.  He was entertained, made lots of friends and was thrilled to have these surroundings.  When his wife needed more care, she too was invited to join him and enjoyed all the same comforts.  The cost for all this was insignificant and the care was priceless.

I just wanted to share some of the good stuff our government does when they stop fighting each other just to be contrary to whomever and whatever. 

Mike

mild_mannered_super_hero

thank you all who replied... god bless