What's your stoma's name? Share your creative names!

Replies
Views
Diana

Mine is Endora. She's a spiteful witch.

judgelori

I named mine "Cecilia" because as Simon and Garfunkel say, "you're breaking my heart and shaking my confidence daily!" I'm hopeful I'll be able to rename her something more positive soon!!! Lol

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,358 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

judgelori

I named mine "Cecilia" because as Simon and Garfunkel say, "you're breaking my heart and shaking my confidence daily!" I'm hopeful I'll be able to rename her something more positive soon!!! Lol

BiggJim072

Hello,

I named mine on day 1. I was shocked to see it. First, I was shocked and blessed to be alive after the whole ordeal. I literally consider it a miracle of God that I lived to talk about it. But when I realized this was my new reality, I decided from the get-go to make the best of it, so I decided to have a sense of humor about it from the outset. When I saw the stoma looked like a big pair of lips, I thought of Mick Jagger, so the name stuck. And now I say "I hang out with Mick Jagger" on a regular basis. Haha! :-)

Diana

Yes, Endora, she's, at times, a spiteful witch!

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
Ettie

Hi, my first ileostomy was a complete shock and I loathed it, so I only referred to it as that effin thing. I had a reversal 4 months later and got nearly two years stoma free. My second was a double-ended with one part longer than the other. I named it the Danglemouse and Jim (an homage to Spike Milligan's Dinglemouse and Tim). Two years later, another reversal attempt went badly wrong, and I got my third and permanent ileostomy, which is also named after a volcano, Mount Etna.

Past Member

Yep, I named my stoma Elmo after St. Elmo....

Patron saint of gastric disorders.... He was tortured 3 different times,

First he was tortured on the rack(?), angels saved him....

Burned at the stake, angels saved him...

Third time torturers disemboweled him and wrapped his intestines around a ship's cargo lift!

I saw how similar that was to having a perforation in my cecum that prompted an emergency ileostomy 2 months ago

Past Member

Yes, named it Lil' JB. I suppose I did it to cope and make fun of it so it was easier to deal with. Got some laughs from my friends who even started asking me. How are you and Lil' JB doing?
Lol

judiprescott17

It is "The Spout"

FullyFit1

The nurses in the hospital when my stoma was new about 6 years ago, named it Rosebud. It looks exactly like that and the name stuck.

Past Member

Funny, I was going to name mine, but my stoma is buried inside and I can't think of one. But I did name my anus after my ex-husband, Mickey. He was always an ass. Still working on a good one for the stoma.  

mintcake

I obtained my stoma a week ago. I was originally going to call it Sid, as in Sid Snot (a homage to 80s UK comedian Kenny Everett), but once I got to see it I changed it to Jabba - it's big, ugly and wobbles around.

Suzina22

When I first had my surgery, it was suggested to me to do so as a way to feel more comfortable with this life-changing thing. Due to other circumstances, I was in a physical rehab center and was having severe issues with acceptance of the appliance, etc. It helped. My stomach is named Ziggy!

jessemurphy2

Yes. Her name is Rose because a rose by any other name still smells ...

Herself59

I called mine Bubbles because, well, it does bubble sometimes, but now I'm getting reversed. I call it Norris, after one of the men that wrote the Guinness Book of Records. He was called Norris McWhirter, and mine is Norris McSquirter.

Past Member
Reply to Herself59

Hi, I finally came up with a name. I was trying to be funny on a post and said stuff about not wanting to call it poop. Well, I am not funny. You would think I would know that by now. Anyway, for some reason "Poop la Doop" has stuck for my name.

Linda

Past Member

I have named my stoma. I gave it a silly name. The name I gave it is "Shlomo the Stoma" which doesn't make sense because it is a stoma not a stomo. Convatec, which is the product I use, made a video of me and I talk about naming my stoma. Here is the link to that video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1q1KP5wpWugARBh6lb9Zb2mIajMmvEtHh/view

I know that it is a silly name but since I love my stoma so much I named it something that would make me smile. As you can see in the video, getting an ostomy has not kept me from doing anything. As a matter of fact, it gave me my life back. Before the surgery, I had ulcerative colitis and didn't like to leave the house, let alone travel around the world. Once I got my ostomy, I was free, I could go anywhere and not worry about where the bathroom is. I love my stoma. It was one of the best things I ever got. It gave me my life back. If you need to get this surgery, please do not say no. Get your ostomy and then you can have a wonderful life. I turned 80 last month and if I hadn't had the surgery, I probably wouldn't be here. I love "Shlomo the Stoma".

Past Member

I have also named my stoma. Since I have had my ileostomy for over 30 years and it has not stopped me from doing anything, Convatec, the brand of ostomy supplies I use, made a video of me. Also, once I had my ostomy, I got my life back and my husband and I were able to travel around the world. Before I had my stoma, I could not have done that because I had ulcerative colitis. Getting an ileostomy gave me my life back. Here is the link to the video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1q1KP5wpWugARBh6lb9Zb2mIajMmvEtHh/view

By the way, my husband is an arachnologist and we were looking for spiders. That's why we traveled.

Hope this helps you,

Phyllis

AngelRose

I named my stoma before the operation... Susie's Poosie .... The name suits her lol

Ostomy4life_22

I call mine Frankie. All my scars from having an ileostomy and parastomal hernia taken down to getting my permanent colostomy have given me lots of scars.

doloressierra54

Mine is Brook. She burbled a lot initially and I don't know anyone named Brook so it seems to work.