Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Relationships 21,251 members

Have you named your stoma?

Talk to people who understand you Sign up today - for many, our community has been a life-changing experience.
Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:47 am

Mine is called Cinderella

Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:40 pm

Mine is Endora. She’s a spiteful witch. 

Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:50 pm

I named mine "Cecilia " because as Simon and Garfunkel say ..."you're beaking my heart and shaking my confidence daily!"   Im hopeful ill be able to rename her something more positve soon!!! Lol

Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:51 pm

I named mine "Cecilia " because as Simon and Garfunkel say ..."you're beaking my heart and shaking my confidence daily!"   Im hopeful ill be able to rename her something more positve soon!!! Lol

Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:42 pm

Hello,

I named mine on day 1. I was shocked to see it. First I was shocked, and blessed to be alive after the whole ordeal. I literally consider it a miracle of God that I lived to talk about it. But when I realized this was my new reality I decided from the getgo to make the best of it, so I decided to have a sense of humor about it from the outset. When I saw the stoma looked like a big pair of lips I thought of Mick Jagger, so so the name stuck. And now I say "I hang out with Mick Jagger" on a regular basis. haha! :-)

Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:54 pm

Yes, Endora, she's, at times, a spiteful witch!😉

Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:34 pm

Hi, my first ileo stoma was a complete shock and I loathed it so only referred to it as that effin thing. I had a reversal 4 months later and got nearly two years stoma free. My second was a double ended with one part longer than the other. I named it the Danglemouse and Jim (an homage to Spike Milligan's Dinglemouse and Tim). Two years later another reversal attempt which went badly wrong and I got my third and permanent ileostomy which is also named after a volcano, Mount Etna.

Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:19 pm

Yep,i named my stoma Elmo after St.Elmo....

patron saint of gastric disorders....he was tortured 3 diferent times, 

first he was tortured on the rack(?), angels saved him....

burned at the stake, angels saved him...

third time torturers disembowelled him and wrapped his intestines around a ship's cargo lift!

i saw how similar that was to having a perforation in my cecum that promted an emergency ileostomy 2 months ago

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.