Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,301 members

Humorous story

Past Member
Posted by Past Member, on Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:15 pm

I have a great family living next door with 2 young children.  The little boy is 5.  He is a frequent visitor and with my having been gone for 3 months between hospital and rehab he had a lot of questions why I wasn't home.  His mother explained to him I had a bad belly ache and now can poo standing up. Yesterday he decided this was cool and wanted to do the same.  Sad part is he had a bout of diarrhea for 2 days did to a medication change.  Mom was not happy about the clean up, son said this is not good.  They came over to share with me, by now we are all laughing.  With moms permission I sat down and showed him the bag and explained what I eat goes in here, I open the bag and can stand to drain it.

Now he wants to take me for show and tell when school starts.  This won't happen!  But its amazing how accepting children are, wish everyone was.

Please share your stories, humor is a main ingredient in life ostomy or not.

Reply by Bill, on Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:51 pm

Hello CANN. What a great story. Kids can be such good fun when they are so upfront with their comments and ideas.

Best wishes

Bill

Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:26 pm

you really do have great neighbours

Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:57 pm

I have become the old lady in the neighborhood, since I am the oldest.  Rest were much older and have moved on, so now they all look out for me.  I have become the koolaid mom again as the kiddies love hanging out here, doing baking, fun projects and normally large veggie garden, but didn't get one in this yr. We will have to have a hot chocolate day when it gets cold and plan for next year.  Can't wait for our first snowman and snowball fight.

Reply by Ewesful, on Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:28 pm

Isn't just wonderful how life recycles itself!   My grand kids are still jealous that Grammy has the bag and they don't!   

They are now waiting for tomorrow evening when they get some sheep back to the farm - their "chicks" are now laying eggs and they are so excited.  They live in the UK and come for 6 weeks of farm adventure.  

Reply by Bill, on Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:59 pm

A few weeks back I had my grand daughter come barging into the toilet where I was  irrigating. I was so glad that she didn't catch me naked! She wanted to know what I was doing and was intrigued when I explained it all to her. She then went downstairs and shared the information with her older brother who thankfully wasn't interested at all. She has not been into the bathroom whoile I have been in there since that occasion but I'm hopeful that she learned something. She did comment that this was the reason her mother had told her not to be so rough when jumping up and down on granddad and since seein the stoma she has indeed treated me a little more gently.

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.