I badly need y'all's opinion... Help

In this discussion
Replies
Views
gutenberg
Steve, Happy Boxing Day, Hannah, Merry Christmas in 5 minutes and a happy New year to both. Ed
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,091 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Txgirl

Ed, Merry Christmas...Stever, Happy Boxing Day, may you wield your sword long and prosper....Someone needs to wish me a happy birthday....It's on Christmas .... I'm going to be 40!! AGHHHHHH

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Gus
Well, it's actually Christmas Day at the moment, and so far it's been quiet. Kids get home soon, so the peace will be shattered. I am currently in the middle of cooking Christmas dinner - roast veggies, turkey roll, and cauliflower cheese. Lucky me, eh? Have a great Christmas Day, Ed and Hannah, and I hope you get everything you wished for.

Steve
Txgirl

I hope you realize you are going to fly here to Missouri and cook that for me, right?

Gus

Ok, two choices: either a ticket for two to come and cook or get the Jarheads to come and get me, lol. Now I'd like to see that.

Please note, I am ex-military, so I can call them Jarheads without getting my arse kicked lmao.

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Txgirl

Dammit! Well, okay. I'd have to get the jarhead to do my evil bidding then.
I didn't know you were military, you badass! You know, in the Marine Corps, if you are an NCO, you get a sword!!! Lmaooo

Gus

Well, now that would have been cool. In the Aussie army as a grunt, we got an SLR and a bayonet... I was a part of the 6th Battalion of the Royal Australian Regiment. Some might know it from the Battle of Long Tan in Vietnam. (I wasn't there, I was way too young). I did eventually end up as an NCO (Corporal) in the reserve and became a recruit instructor. But speaking of swords, I was able to get hold of the officers' sword drill manual and taught the peanuts in OCS school my university regiment had. So I guess you could say I am very adept at waving my sword around in public safely, lol.

I had a few problems as a grunt though, apart from misbehavior. When we were out bush on exercises, we were what was called mounted infantry (no swords involved, although it sounds like a nice concept). We were using the old M113 Armoured personnel carriers as our main form of transport. Now, these things were noisy and hot and quite cramped. They had a huge ramp on the back that sealed them tight, and when we had to get out quickly, you had to run out one at a time in a crouched position. Us being Aussies, we only wore a cloth hat to keep the sun off our heads, and every time I ran out, I would hit my head on the steel bar that ran across the top of the door. It took me about 10 hits and the same number of concussions to realize I wasn't getting low enough. Man, I copped hell for it every time.

So I guess you could say that for a bloke that is only 5' 6", I was as dumb as dog shit, lmao.

Txgirl

You poor thing! See, this is the reason I encourage the wear of helmets in everyday life. Will someone listen to me now?? LOL

Gus

Ummmmm no! Hehehe

Txgirl

How do I make the cute emoticons work? I can't get mine to work. Help?
Oh, and Steve, you are a brat! I love ya anyhooxxoxoxoxoxox

Gus

Ok Hannah, a lesson in emoticonning

1. Click on the emote tag above the text box

2. Choose the category

3. Right click the emote you want and copy and paste it into the text like so

Yeah, I'm a brat but I am also good looking.

Txgirl

All hail Steve, all hail Steve!

Gus

Ah, at last I get the accolades I deserve.