Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Dating 20,350 members

Rinsing Out Bag?

Posted by BKB100564, on Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:01 am

Been an ostomate for 13 years. I rinse several times a day and wear a bag for a week. Never had an issue. May depend on the bag though. I use a Convatec 22771 cut too fit

Reply by Puppyluv56, on Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:53 pm

Wow, I just found all the people that this site keeps saying are members! They are all on this post! Where are all of you guys? Never seen most of those that posted. Come back to us ! Lol

What a great stream of posts! 

It does seem that most of us just have to do the rinsing for sanitary reasons! Seems about right! Even  though I irrigate, on occasion there are presents, depending on my diet. Rinsing has never made any difference in the wear time of my flange. May even help it some! Irrigation also throws a lot of water at the wafer and has not seemed to lessen the wear time. 

Puppyluv

Reply by lovely, on Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:50 pm

I have a hose that connects to the hose that fills the commode. I t does not interfer with the filling of the commode tank. and has a sprayer on the end. It is normanlly used to wash out cloth diapers. I take the pouch loose from the barrier, wripe the barrier clean then hold the bag over the commode with the end clip off and wash the bag out. I wash it out from the top of the bag.

Reply by Puppyluv56, on Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:35 pm

That would be awesome. My husband mentioned doing something like that a long time ago but just never got around to it. May have to mention it to him again. Would make things easier. 

Puppyluv

lovely wrote:

I have a hose that connects to the hose that fills the commode. I t does not interfer with the filling of the commode tank. and has a sprayer on the end. It is normanlly used to wash out cloth diapers. I take the pouch loose from the barrier, wripe the barrier clean then hold the bag over the commode with the end clip off and wash the bag out. I wash it out from the top of the bag.

Reply by lovely, on Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:04 am
Puppyluv56 wrote:

That would be awesome. My husband mentioned doing something like that a long time ago but just never got around to it. May have to mention it to him again. Would make things easier. 

Puppyluv

lovely wrote:

Need to clear up something when I sad I wash it out from the top of the bag, I meant I spray it in the top of the pouch.

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.