BILL

In this discussion
Replies
Views
iMacG5

Hey Bill,

Roses are red, violets are blue.

It's just so great to hear from you.

I feel like it's all better now, except for my rhyming.

More good wishes,

Mike

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,090 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill

Hello Mike. 

I think your rhyming is just fine 

at least it is as good as mine

and I am at it all the time

capturing every paradigm.

Best wishes

Bill 

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
iMacG5

You are an amazing person, Bill.  So glad you're on your way to being even better than before.

Sincerely,

Mike

NJ Bain

There once was a man from Nantucket......

You know the rest....lol...if you for some reason don't know it, google is your friend.

@Bill,

So glad to hear you're on the mend!Hope your recovery is going well.

Bain

iMacG5

Oscar Wild said “Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery”, etc. So please except the flattery from folks like Bain and me. Maybe Bain’s was just accidental but when I read “your friend” followed by “you’re on the mend”, I can’t help but think there’s a poetic or rhyming influence. Whatever it is, it’s just too good.
Mike

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Puppyluv56

Hahaha!poet and don't know it Mike and Bain!

NJ Bain

Oh yeah, total accident...lol

Bill

Thanks everyone for your kind comments and your thoughts at this time. I've hit a little complication or two this week which is setting me back a bit, Lots of lovely nurses visiting to keep an eye on me and I'm hoping to see the surgeon again on Friday who will hopefully can sort these things out. 

Best wishes

Bill

Bagface

Bill, Glad to hear that you're on the road to recovery. Your insights are invaluable.

Past Member

Hope the setback is very minor and very temporary. You are missed! ;Get well soon.

Linda

Puppyluv56

Bill

Take it easy and don't rush! It is always a slow and long road to complete recovery which I expect you will reach sooner than most would! We miss you on here so keep us posted as you feel up to it!

Puppyluv

freedancer
Oh no!! Please give him my best and you take care of yourself too! I am so sorry this happened. He's been so helpful to all of us with his advise and support. I will keep you all in my prayers.
Pabs72

Stay strong and stay positive Bill, you have been a massive help to me on my ostojourney since May 2018 - I've read and absorbed your ideas and advice and can honestly say your regular posts about the positives around irrigation lead me to try it and consequently changed my life for the better.

I wish you all the very best.

Paul

Past Member

I am so sorry to hear about your heart problem Bill . You're a tough auld Dude Billso don't give those lovely nurses too much hassel ....keep your hands to yourself( Big Smiley Face !! ) . Take your time Bill and get lots of rest after your plumbing is fixed . Looking forward to your return Bill . Everyone here thinks of you as their best Buddy so take care , we're all thinking of you .

Eamon ,akaMister Magoo .

Bill

Hello Eamon.
Thank you for your belated response to this post. It is well over a year ago that I had my triple heart bypass and I am pleased to say that (apart from having to take a truckload of medication) I am reasonably fit and well.
Throughout the whole episode I felt grateful that I could distract myself by writing rhyme on the process as it unfolded. (Much like I did when confronted with all the angst surrounding the new stoma experience.) Anyway! it felt pleasing to come out of both these experiences with literary mementos.
I leave you with the epilogue to this work:
Best wishes
Bill

A LITERAL DISTRACTION.

WRITING ABOUT EXPERIENCE
CAN BUILD UP OUR RESILIENCE.

B. WITHERS 2019

MY HEART ATTACK :
EPILOGUE.

After my recent heart attack
this book helped me to stay on track
by helping me to concentrate,
to document and contemplate.

By focussing my wayward thought
it was less likely I’d get caught
in the grind of nitty-gritty
and that magnet of self-pity.

I’ve done this sort of task before
when illness dragged me to the floor.
By writing rhyming verse I found
it helped to turn my mind around.

When sudden illness strikes you down
you may well feel that you might drown
in mental and emotional crap
so need something to fill that gap.

This time I was already primed
to make sure that I‘d get rhymed
every twist and every turn
and every small and large concern.

It’s like a diary or a blog
to open up a dialogue
within my mind about the stuff
where outwardly I’ve had enough.

When healing from adversity
and dealing with perversity
it helps to have a distraction
to avoid dissatisfaction.

And now my rhymes are nearly done
I feel somehow that I have won
some battles I’ve had on the way
enabling me to have my say.

B. Withers 2019

Past Member

You are a true Champ Bill. I was perusing postsafter a long hard day on one of our projects and I actually just saw Heart Attack !! and didn't even look at the date ! I am so happy to know that all went well for you . I just laughed out loud when I noticed the date , "Bill must think I'm 'away with the Faeries '...as my Da would say . You know about my love , Kitty so Heart attack really got my attention . We've been moving a lot of stuff , tools , wood etc from a fourth floor attic ( 100 feet by 30 feet ) and lowering them on ropes so I'm a little exhausted , working through my grief Bill, me and my Brother , Peter . The work is good for us . I'll post a pic of our Victorian near Alamo Square in San Francisco . Just around the corner are the famous "Painted Ladies", the best view anywhere in San Francisco . I feel priveliged to be able to have my morning coffee sitting on the grass watching the tourists enjoy the view. What I love about SF is that virtually every house is different ( Victorians ) such variety and such beautiful use of the now precious California Redwoods . Every one is all Redwood from foundation to Roof Ridge . The house is about 180 years old and when you cut into a piece of the wood it looks as fresh as the day it was built , impervious to bugs and rot even under soil or concrete .

OK , I'm rambling , must be my bedtime .

You are a treasure Bill and one really Cool Dude !!

Your friend , Eamon .

Bill

Hello Eamon. 

Your houseproject sounds amazing and i look forward to seeing the photo(s). That sort of work is also a great distraction - I am on my own renovation project at present  but that is in my shed and garden rather than the house.

Best wishes

Bill

freedancer

I must have missed something. nbsp; Are you back in the hospital again Bill? nbsp; What happened?? I hope you are alright. I haven't been on site for awhile as I purchased a home and have been in the process of moving, painting and cleaning. I hope you are going to be okay.