Regretting Ostomy Reversal? Need Support.

Replies
Views
Past Member

Hi. Try the low FODMAP diet. It worked wonders for me after my reversal. Recommended by my GP and transformed my life. No longer spend the whole evening in the bathroom. Book Ref is ISBN 978-0-09-195535-9

MarsManson

I had my colostomy reversed in Jan 2019. After the surgery, I had nothing but complications - internal fistula, abscesses, infections ... At the end of July, I was put into an ileostomy. I will NEVER attempt to reverse again. I'm so mad at myself that I tried to reverse the colostomy to begin with because it made me so sick.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,460 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Pirrip

Thanks for reinforcing my own decision. The surgeons are all great people, all doing their best, dealing with our insides, our ultra fragile insides....  I am so used to shit bag, doesn't bother me a bit. It has weeded down my friendships to none but the best! Which was nice.....