Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Dating 20,350 members

Insulted by program “undatables”

Posted by Newme19, on Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:39 am

My ileostomy was on the left.  I Just had it reversed after 8 weeks and still  have many bowel issues.   I personally don't think I would have been able to date with my current health issues.  I'm thankful for a very caring and patient husband who has kept my spirits up this year.  He made me feel beautiful no matter what I felt like or looked like. 

I think the show undateable sounds like it exploits people with all types of disabilities.  I have never seen it and don't want to

Just the title... it sounds comparable to "unlovable " which of course no one is!

Reply by dadnabbit, on Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:12 pm
Mike6952 wrote:

Does every one have there stoma on the right side of the body, just wondered 😂 

It generally depends on whether you have an ileostomy or colostomy and how much of the colon was removed as to where the stoma ends up on your body.  And sometimes the stoma needs to be revised because of problems, hernias or scar tissue, adhesions or strictures, so many things come into consideration as to where the surgeon places the stoma.

Peace

Dadnabbit

Reply by Got2KeepSmilin, on Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:08 am

Send me a message! 😘

Reply by Sueaxe, on Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:05 pm
LightsGoOut wrote:

On the right

isnt it because of how the colon sits and the small bowel starts

im left handed so before my stoma nurse drew all over me with a circle on the right side in ink I was very tempted in rubbing it out with my finger!!!

Hello you, we still have similar eyes.

I hope u'r well

s

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.