Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,226 members

Is ostomy bag holder still in business

Posted by fasterlaster, on Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:10 am

I thought I might try here to see if anyone was aware of the status of this company.  I put in an order for a few Ostomy covers to try out, but have not heard anything from them.  

Reply by drfields24 , on Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:01 am

Hi actually no I dont know but there are several osteomates that make and give out free covers  on Facebook.  I have 7 of them. You should check em out. 

Reply by anyark, on Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:13 pm

I think there are a number of vendors on Etsy who sell the covers.

Reply by NancyAnn, on Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:43 pm

I never heard of them. Hope they were a legit company. Do you have a phone number or e-mail for them? 

Reply by NancyAnn, on Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:14 pm

Looks like it is still in business. Here is the link to the site.  https://ostomybagholder.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjw67XpBRBqEiwA5RCocQnkRJa7EUbul2ypY4kgA9oilI2-TqPDGPo9DP_0UzhuNZVFPBPNMhoCJPsQAvD_BwE

Hope that helps.

Reply by fasterlaster, on Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:11 pm

After a month of trying to contact them via email / phone / facebook / support chat I've given up.  There were some reports with BBB and non shipment as well.  Shame, but oh well. I found another vendor, and have requested a refund from PayPal.  As a warning I caution anyone to not place an order with the company.  Should I receive any sort of reply. I'll update the thread.

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Reply by walderpeee, on Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:44 pm
drfields24 wrote:

Hi actually no I dont know but there are several osteomates that make and give out free covers  on Facebook.  I have 7 of them. You should check em out. 

WHAT do you mean by FREE COVERS? I have a colostomy -but maybe I might be missing out on this NEW item. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Reply by Mike6952, on Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:50 am

Try on etsy

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/StomaTreasures?ref=seller-platform-mcnav

Reply by fasterlaster, on Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:35 am

I thought I would close the loop in this.  After filing a PayPal Claim, suddenly there was a bit of progress from the vendor.  I received my order finally yesterday, over 2 months later.  The cover is fine, but I would not pass along my money again to a vendor who takes so long to deliver a product, and does not communicate back.

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.