Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,226 members

In the need of Hernia belt resources.

Posted by Luther1969, on Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:52 pm

i started to swell recently on the stoma side and I called my provider that basically told me they had one type of belt. I was sent a hernia belt  which I’m not totally happy with it’s support, anyone know about the best hernia or hernia prevention belts out there & how to get them?

Reply by Tickpol , on Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:05 pm

Believe it or not I found supports on Amazon.  The one I got has a cutout for your appliance.  I used to use a pouch to catch the output from a fistula I had prior to my ostomy.  My abs had herniated and It was causing me a lot of discomfort.  I foujnd a lot of relief whenever I wore it.

The one I got is very similar to the supports they give post abdominal surgery.  It's about a foot wide, has a reinforced border around the opening for the appliance and has a closure very similar to velcro but with softer fabrics.  it stood up well to laundering

Tickpol

Reply by Luther1969, on Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:37 am

Wow thanks so much! I’m going to look on Amazon.

Tickpol wrote:

Believe it or not I found supports on Amazon.  The one I got has a cutout for your appliance.  I used to use a pouch to catch the output from a fistula I had prior to my ostomy.  My abs had herniated and It was causing me a lot of discomfort.  I foujnd a lot of relief whenever I wore it.

The one I got is very similar to the supports they give post abdominal surgery.  It's about a foot wide, has a reinforced border around the opening for the appliance and has a closure very similar to velcro but with softer fabrics.  it stood up well to laundering

Tickpol

Reply by chesbay, on Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:48 pm
Tickpol wrote:

Tickpol

Thanks, do you have a link to the product mentioned? I have looked at several of their abdominal binders but haven't made a choice.

Reply by sunasea, on Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:19 pm

I use a newhope hernia belt, they are grest

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.