Weight Loss

Replies
Views
looking forward

How to lose weight after ileostomy?

warrior

Hi.. Touchy subject. I would definitely be patient in watching who replies with their advice. Remember what works for them may not work for you. Good old-fashioned sweat and exercise. Wearing a belt to keep the bag safe to my side, I constantly sweat. It's about five inches wide. Soaked by the end of the day. Have to keep fluids up, though. I lost 15 lbs and I credit the drink and sweat concept. Should seek advice from a professional, but my thought is they don't live with this illness. Just like doctors. The best therapy is right here. Just be patient. Good luck.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,366 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Puppyluv56

It is tough to lose weight with an ostomy. The "weight loss" menu is not the best for our output.

Candy

warrior

I agree, but for some, it works; for others, not. Gotta have the right mindset. As I lose weight, the area around the stoma begins to stick out more. Not the stoma, no. But the mound, or "boob," seems to grow. Left side normal, by stoma side looks like I'm growing a tub boob.

Puppyluv56

Hey warrior!

Yes, it is always about getting your head around it! As I have gained a little weight recently, I find my tummy is so uneven. Because my belly button is over to the right of where it is supposed to be, the large scar all the way down my stomach is crooked. Weight gain seems distributed as uneven as the surgery left me!

Certainly incentive to lose that weight.

Puppyluv

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister