Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,317 members

Hearing loss associated to ibd?

Posted by warrior, on Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:41 am

anyone hear of this happening? There are studies showing a relationship between the two but the fact is there is not enough proof to warrent in depth studies or show cause for alarm. just curious. Thanks.

Reply by iMacG5, on Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:54 pm

Hey Warrior, I don't think we'll get an answer because there's just not enough money involved.  If there was more evidence to suggest that relationship someone might develop a pill for all IBD sufferers to reduce the possibility of hearing loss from that disease.  Of course it would just be something like a sugar pill but at $29.95 for a 30 day supply it could boost the bottom line of those poor Pharma Creeps.  

Get more proof and you and I can develop our own New Jersey brand "Bad Ass Deaf Eliminator".

We might get rich.

Mike

Reply by warrior, on Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:03 pm
iMacG5 wrote:

Hey Warrior, I don't think we'll get an answer because there's just not enough money involved.  If there was more evidence to suggest that relationship someone might develop a pill for all IBD sufferers to reduce the possibility of hearing loss from that disease.  Of course it would just be something like a sugar pill but at $29.95 for a 30 day supply it could boost the bottom line of those poor Pharma Creeps.  

Get more proof and you and I can develop our own New Jersey brand "Bad Ass Deaf Eliminator".

We might get rich.

Mike

hi Mike, I'm Tony. Thanks for the reply. I think its a people angle, not money. Just cases have nor been enough world wide. Shame too cause as u know inflammation can strike anywhere in the body. It got my ears big time.

Reply by w30bob, on Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:22 am

Tony,

I did a quick Google search for "IBD hearing loss" and it appears to be very well known.  Check out the link;

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6031254/%23idm140069674550096title&ved=2ahUKEwiYo_W07OXjAhVtUN8KHY_bADoQFjABegQIDxAK&usg=AOvVaw2KLc--J-GIII0g4zsieWIj

Regards,

Bob

Reply by warrior, on Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:00 am
w30bob wrote:

Tony,

I did a quick Google search for "IBD hearing loss" and it appears to be very well known.  Check out the link;

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6031254/%23idm140069674550096title&ved=2ahUKEwiYo_W07OXjAhVtUN8KHY_bADoQFjABegQIDxAK&usg=AOvVaw2KLc--J-GIII0g4zsieWIj

Regards,

Bob

great link. I have cogans syndrome. More people with ibd should look into having their hearing checked as a precaution.. Will be interesting to see who replies. Thanks dude. .

Reply by panther, on Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:32 am

Never heard about it until now all I can say is my mom has had IBD for over 30 years she has hearing loss 

Reply by iMacG5, on Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:37 pm

Hey guys, forgive me for seeming aloof to the IBD/hearing loss suggestion. I certainly don’t take this lightly. How the medical and pharmaceutical industries are treating some of our situations is so disappointing and I feel like the economic motivation weighs more heavily than the humane considerations at times. Hopefully I’m exaggerating and will be more careful in future replies.
Sincerely,
Mike

Reply by w30bob, on Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:09 pm

Hi Mike,

Don't sweat it brother..........I'm with ya when it comes to big Pharma.  But money drives the whole world, not just those guys.  Whoever said "money is the root of all evil" is mostly right.  I'm amazed almost daily what folks will do for money.  Guess the joke's on them...........cuz you really CAN'T take it with you. 

regards,

bob

Reply by warrior, on Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:13 pm

The magic pill was prednisone. That's all they had back in the day. It wouldhavee prevent or maybe postpone hearing loss invthe other ear. ( this format sux writing like this, typos- sorry). So the pill was out there, however the cases, the patients were never reported.

iMacG5 wrote:

We might get rich.

Mike

Reply by warrior, on Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:19 pm
iMacG5 wrote:

We might get rich.

Mike

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.