Hearing Loss Associated with IBD?

In this discussion
Replies
Views
warrior

anyone hear of this happening? There are studies showing a relationship between the two but the fact is there is not enough proof to warrent in depth studies or show cause for alarm. just curious. Thanks.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,102 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

iMacG5

Hey Warrior, I don't think we'll get an answer because there's just not enough money involved.  If there was more evidence to suggest that relationship someone might develop a pill for all IBD sufferers to reduce the possibility of hearing loss from that disease.  Of course it would just be something like a sugar pill but at $29.95 for a 30 day supply it could boost the bottom line of those poor Pharma Creeps.  

Get more proof and you and I can develop our own New Jersey brand "Bad Ass Deaf Eliminator".

We might get rich.

Mike

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
warrior

hi Mike, I'm Tony. Thanks for the reply. I think its a people angle, not money. Just cases have nor been enough world wide. Shame too cause as u know inflammation can strike anywhere in the body. It got my ears big time.

w30bob

Tony,

I did a quick Google search for "IBD hearing loss" and it appears to be very well known. Check out the link

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t source=web rct=j url=https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6031254/23idm140069674550096title ved=2ahUKEwiYo_W07OXjAhVtUN8KHY_bADoQFjABegQIDxAK usg=AOvVaw2KLc--J-GIII0g4zsieWIj

Regards,

Bob

warrior

great link. I have cogans syndrome. More people with ibd should look into having their hearing checked as a precaution.. Will be interesting to see who replies. Thanks dude. .

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
Past Member

Never heard about it until now all I can say is my mom has had IBD for over 30 years she has hearing loss

iMacG5

Hey guys, forgive me for seeming aloof to the IBD/hearing loss suggestion. I certainly don’t take this lightly. How the medical and pharmaceutical industries are treating some of our situations is so disappointing and I feel like the economic motivation weighs more heavily than the humane considerations at times. Hopefully I’m exaggerating and will be more careful in future replies.
Sincerely,
Mike

w30bob

Hi Mike,

Don't sweat it brother..........I'm with ya when it comes to big Pharma. But money drives the whole world, not just those guys. Whoever said "money is the root of all evil" is mostly right. I'm amazed almost daily what folks will do for money. Guess the joke's on them...........cuz you really CAN'T take it with you.

regards,

bob

warrior

The magic pill was prednisone. That's all they had back in the day. It wouldhavee prevent or maybe postpone hearing loss invthe other ear. ( this format sux writing like this, typos- sorry). So the pill was out there, however the cases, the patients were never reported.