Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,317 members

FYI - NJ ostomates

Posted by warrior, on Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:03 am

a young lady started thread about meeting people. Her last post was over a month ago. I'd like to run by a few locals or for those in tri state area about getting together. We would need a location and number of people interested as well as a time , day, etc. Also some of us dont drive, so car pooling comes to mind. There's almost 300 of us here in Nj. A show of hands please and suggestions. Thanks. Warrior. Aka Tony

Reply by Mark1070, on Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:04 am

Why don't you set up a page likevthis one? 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/353856981953889/

Reply by warrior, on Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:09 pm

D

Mark1070 wrote:

hi Mark. Saw some of your posts. Thanks for replying. I know you mean well about facebook but nope. Ain't interested in anything to do with fb. Others can do what they want. I wanna keep it in house.

you replied to the woman from NJ who wanted to meet others. She hasn't been on for awhile. And I thought, what's stopping others to get together. So I decided to throw my hat into the ring.

never liked facebook. What happens here with us, stays here with us. I'm selfish. 😊 I do hope some jersians agree with me. Lets do this caefully.

i

Reply by Mark1070, on Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:53 pm
warrior wrote:

D

Mark1070 wrote:

hi Mark. Saw some of your posts. Thanks for replying. I know you mean well about facebook but nope. Ain't interested in anything to do with fb. Others can do what they want. I wanna keep it in house.

you replied to the woman from NJ who wanted to meet others. She hasn't been on for awhile. And I thought, what's stopping others to get together. So I decided to throw my hat into the ring.

never liked facebook. What happens here with us, stays here with us. I'm selfish. 😊 I do hope some jersians agree with me. Lets do this caefully.

i

I understand, warrior. It's a closed group so privacy is mostly protected but you may have other reasons i suppose. I hopw you're able to connevt with a few local ostomates. 

Reply by warrior, on Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:38 pm

Thanks tha

Mark1070 wrote:
warrior wrote:

D

Mark1070 wrote:

i

I understand, warrior. It's a closed group so privacy is mostly protected but you may have other reasons i suppose. I hopw you're able to connevt with a few local ostomates. 

thanks mark. I hope I can get some folks interested in meeting up. Too.

Reply by loverofmusic, on Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:00 pm

I would be very interested! I lived there for over 30 years! i hope that you get some responses. I would need some notice, as I am 7 hours away now Smile

Reply by loverofmusic, on Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:36 pm
warrior wrote:

Thanks tha

Mark1070 wrote:
warrior wrote:

D

Mark1070 wrote:

i

I have to agree...prior to this nightmare that I am currently living, I had a wonderful career and many colleagues.... I try to keep facebook private. 

Reply by Mark1070, on Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:25 pm
loverofmusic wrote:
warrior wrote:

Thanks tha

Mark1070 wrote:
warrior wrote:

D

Mark1070 wrote:

i

I have to agree...prior to this nightmare that I am currently living, I had a wonderful career and many colleagues.... I try to keep facebook private. 

Maybe we shouldn't care so much about what people think about us. After all, we're people too, no? 

Reply by warrior, on Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:48 am

We are people too, indeed. People with something that may or may not be noticeable on the outside. I believe society is cruel. They look,at that buldge or alien bump off to yur side and wonder, " is that a head? Wtf is that thing". Now that my interpretation. Others with bags probable feel different but u try to hide it. I'm still at the denial not acceptance stage. People are mean. Untill they schooled, I just find them mean.

Mark1070 wrote:
loverofmusic wrote:
warrior wrote:

Thanks tha

Mark1070 wrote:
warrior wrote:

D

Mark1070 wrote:

i

Maybe we shouldn't care so much about what people think about us. After all, we're people too, no? 

areare

Reply by loverofmusic, on Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:43 am
Mark1070 wrote:
loverofmusic wrote:
warrior wrote:

Thanks tha

Mark1070 wrote:
warrior wrote:

D

Mark1070 wrote:

i

Yep - however, back when I first got my ostomy, a girl who knew my situation posted a video to my timeline showing different types of ostomy covers that had pictures on them....next thing I knew, some football coaches that I worked years ago for were calling me, assuming that I had cancer...word spread like wildfire, and my story is so long and drawn out about why I have this ileostomy...medical errors, not cancer or chrohns, etc. ...It just made it all blow up so much, and it really stressed me out... because it was too much drama....it took so much time to have to explain everything, and at that time, I just wasn't up for talking much...there are so many friends on facebook that I dont feel close enough to, to want to take the time or energy to keep repeating it all...my real friends know, but I like signing on to facebook to see happy things, like pictures of someones kids or dogs, recipies, etc. not have to talk about this nightmare, like with all of those messages I got after she posted that Smile 

Reply by warrior, on Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:15 pm

like I said.. Keep it in house. Sounds like your story was like playing post office. Sorry to hear that. But u got fixed. Gotta have some control and facebook is out of control. Only people I want knowing are folks here.

Reply by warrior, on Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:21 pm
loverofmusic wrote:

I would be very interested! I lived there for over 30 years! i hope that you get some responses. I would need some notice, as I am 7 hours away now Smile

hello there loverofmusic. I just saw this. Thank you for your interest. 7 hrs is a long drive. Maybe we can cut that time in half? So far a,few southern NJ folks haven't replied. So dunno what to tell ya...u have family in NJ? Since yur a transplant, figured yur roots are still here.

Reply by loverofmusic, on Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:26 pm
warrior wrote:
loverofmusic wrote:

hello there loverofmusic. I just saw this. Thank you for your interest. 7 hrs is a long drive. Maybe we can cut that time in half? So far a,few southern NJ folks haven't replied. So dunno what to tell ya...u have family in NJ? Since yur a transplant, figured yur roots are still here.

Hi! Yes, I have family there Smile I wouldn't mind driving meeting anywhere in NJ, we are from the Spotswood/Old Bridge area Smile 

Reply by warrior, on Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:16 pm

Hi. Well its true. A small world indeed. Freehold here. Ahh destiny. Will write more later. At work. 😊

loverofmusic wrote:
warrior wrote:
loverofmusic wrote:

Hi! Yes, I have family there Smile I wouldn't mind driving meeting anywhere in NJ, we are from the Spotswood/Old Bridge area Smile 

indeed

Reply by warrior, on Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:58 pm

Cool beans. gotta,get a couple more folk interested. I made some inquiries..no luck yet. If u hit the title on top, it shows u all the NJ ostomatea, about 280. That's where I started. Imagine meeting in Atlantic city or Belmar or Weehawken. Sweet.

warrior wrote:

Hi. Well its true. A small world indeed. Freehold here. Ahh destiny. Will write more later. At work. 😊

loverofmusic wrote:
warrior wrote:
loverofmusic wrote:

indeed

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.