Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,317 members

This is what I want

Posted by xnine, on Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:14 pm

My wife is in hospital and they have one of these. The same as when I was in hospital but I never got a pic or could explain it to any one. It has taps, a faucet and it can flush. It is mounted about waist high. It is getting harder to get down on my knees everyday. I want one.

Reply by Bill, on Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:33 am

Have you tried 'Googling'  - medical plumbing suppliers? Or contact the hospital maintenance department to see where they obtained the equipment from in the first place.

Best wizshes

Bill

Reply by xnine, on Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:54 am

I googled and only found a specific one in Japan this one looks like it is a bowel and miscellaneous parts for the taps and faucet.

Reply by Puppyluv56, on Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:01 am

X-

Call a medical Supply company, or better yet,  The hospital may be able to direct you to the company that provides those fixtures just get the right person in the purchasing Department. They also have a few layers of seats on them that would allow you to sit higher and irrigate from there. I know everyone does it differently but I sit. Wish I had a tall toilet. I am tall so getting down that far sometimes seems like a lot more effort than it should be. 

Keep us posted on you investigation! 

Puppyluv

Reply by Puppyluv56, on Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:12 am

Hey Xnine, 

Go look at the company American Standard. They provide commercial toilets. I have downloaded one similar to the one you took a picture of. It will not allow me to download the pic on this feed! 

Puppyluv

Reply by warrior, on Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:06 pm

why are you kneeing? That's gotta hurt. I stand and bend alitte and I'm good

like to think of it as playing dive bomber. Is that what people are doing to drain bag?

Reply by w30bob, on Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:56 am

Xnine,

What you want is called a "bedpan washer toilet". The height off the floor is arbitrary. In children's hospitals they are installed close to the floor. In regular hospitals they are a bit higher up the wall. You can have your plumber install it at any height you want. Have at it!

Regards,

Bob

Reply by xnine, on Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:18 am

I have colostomy and removing my bag at a height is dangerous with splash back and the not often eruptions so I want to get as close to the bowl as I can.

Reply by Puppyluv56, on Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:39 pm

Hey Warrior, 

Have not heard from you so am assuming the likes have stopped! Lol I am scared to like anything now! 

I have read on here several people irrigate or empty their pouch while kneeling. I am pretty sure I do not want my face that close to the toilet!  Lol

I started irrigating while standing up but progressed to sitting down. I empty the pouch if needed sitting and while irrigating, putting the water in and waiting 20 minutes for it to all come back out. I get my email caught up, read a book or scope out MAO site. Puppyluv 

warrior wrote:

why are you kneeing? That's gotta hurt. I stand and bend alitte and I'm good

like to think of it as playing dive bomber. Is that what people are doing to drain bag?

Reply by lovely, on Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:04 am
Bill wrote:

Have you tried 'Googling'  - medical plumbing suppliers? Or contact the hospital maintenance department to see where they obtained the equipment from in the first place.

Best wizshes

Bill

I went to walmart and bought a sprayer that is used to to wash out cloth baby diapers. You can also google baby diaper sprayer and order it online. It connects to the water pipe leading up to the tank.I just remove the bag from the wafer and stand up holding the bag over the commode take the clip off the bag and the end of the sprayer is small. It will fit in the top of my bag and wash it out. The only problem I have is you have to be very careful not let the end of the bag come up past the rim of the commode. The spray of the sprayer is very strong and can cause the end of the bag to fly up. If I go to visit someome I take the red or yellow bottle that are used for mustard and ketsup in and can use it to as a sprayer.

Reply by w30bob, on Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:38 pm

Lovely,

I've always loved those red and yellow Ketchup and Mustard squeeze bottles.  Something about the feel of squeezing the stuff out the little hole in the top that I like.  But you've just forever changed my view of those guys and everytime I see one I'll now be thinking of someone irrigating with them.  Oh well........I guess I can get used to using the packets of Ketchup and Mustard.  Woe's me. 

;O(

Ya gotta keep it light or this shit will really mess you up!

bob

Reply by Puppyluv56, on Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:02 pm

Hahahaha 

w30bob wrote:

Lovely,

I've always loved those red and yellow Ketchup and Mustard squeeze bottles.  Something about the feel of squeezing the stuff out the little hole in the top that I like.  But you've just forever changed my view of those guys and everytime I see one I'll now be thinking of someone irrigating with them.  Oh well........I guess I can get used to using the packets of Ketchup and Mustard.  Woe's me. 

;O(

bob

Reply by lovely, on Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:04 pm
w30bob wrote:

Lovely,

;O(

bob

Sorry to spoil your image lol but I just use water in them to wash the bag out not irrigating.

Reply by w30bob, on Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:43 pm

Hi lovely,

I was just funnin' with ya!  I used to use the garden hose to wash my bag out, but now all I have to do is drink some water and that'll be in my bag a few minutes later and do the trick. 

later,

bob

Reply by lovely, on Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:55 pm

I knew you were joking. I wish mine would pass with just water. I never just have to empty one or two times a day. It is little bit all during the day. So agivating.

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.