Chiropractic adjustments while standing up?

In this discussion
Replies
Views
About
This topic discusses the feasibility and potential benefits of receiving chiropractic adjustments while standing up, with members sharing their experiences and insights.
w30bob

Howdy gang,

I used to see a great chiropractor before I got my wonderful poop bag. That was back in 2014. I did go see him one time afterward, but without being able to lay on my stomach, there wasn't much he could do to adjust my back. I've since learned I should find a chiropractor who can adjust pregnant women... i.e., people who can't lie on their stomach to be adjusted. I've found one here locally but haven't had the time to swing by and meet him. So just wondering if anyone gets adjusted standing up and how they go about that. If you do, please share.

Thanks,

Bob

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,090 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Tickpol

Can they?

I'm sure.

I'd also bring a case of baby wipes....

Dave

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
warrior

An experienced chiropractor should be able to help you. Mine does. I use a soft styrofoam cushion to lay on my stomach. He also adjusts me sitting upright. Adjustments made while standing, I would consider risky. While laying on my back, he can adjust my hips and neck without problems. Get a good chiropractor. Talk to him. They are out there.

xnine

Yes, I hurt my back and he only worked on me when on my side, no laying on my back or stomach. He also did an adjustment with me sitting.

Past Member

Yes, they can - I've had a couple of adjustments and have an ileostomy. Just make sure they understand what you have so they can be careful.

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Hermit

Yes, put a pillow under the stomach while on the stomach!

w30bob

Hi Abe,

Nah, pillow won't work for me. Output is too high. Not worried about my stoma, worried about blowing out my bag of crap all over the nice doctors' adjusting table and floor. I don't think any of his assistants would consider cleaning up my mess as "part of the job". I might not get invited back. So I need to be adjusted either standing or sitting........however they adjust preggers. And actually, my back has been pretty good, I still self-adjust routinely, but I really need someone to snap my neck a few times and get the air out of my vertebrae.

Later,

Bob

newyorktorque

Hey Bob.

A coworker in NY gets her adjustments in a seated position.

w30bob

Cool. I'll swing by and see this chiropractor I'm told can help me. Not like THAT, you sick perverts... I mean he can adjust my back. You guys are bad.

;O)

Bob

Hermit

When going to doctors, dentists, etc., I make appointments in the morning as my stoma is not active!

w30bob

Hi Abe,

Yeah, same here. Once breakfast comes out I can still control what's happening... until I start drinking. So yeah, first thing in the morning would be best.

Thanks,

Bob

NewlifeVictoria

Hello there.

NewlifeVictoria

Hello everyone! Hoping you're all doing great. Please write me and let's chat. Victoria here, near the Atlantic City area of New Jersey. Have an awesome day!! A wonderful week, Victoria. Let's all change the way it is... don't be shy, step up and shout out your happiness and peace and love you have to give to make others happy. Let's all hold hands, make a circle, and enjoy the new life and new friends and family here... hugs to everyone!! I hope this is going out there for everyone to see! Can you let me know where I sent it? I'm a little confused, lol. To my family, happy Tuesday. Victoria

warrior

I received your happy post. Thank you. Happy Tuesday to you too.

xnine

Happy Tuesday. Yes, it is out there, but it is in a post about chiropractors. Maybe try again.

w30bob

Victoria,

I want to try some of whatever you take first thing in the morning! Did you intend to send that emoji-filled message or has your account been hacked? Whenever I see someone say "please let me know where I sent it," it raises alarms of a hack. Just sayin'

Regards,

Bob