Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,328 members

importance of meeting " someone like you"

Posted by scorsby, on Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:46 pm

Hi.

What's wrong with being a 'leftie ' ?

There's nothing wrong with left handed people.

John

Reply by warrior, on Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:47 pm

John ( scorsby) it was an example I was giving on how hung up people could be or rather how " needing" to connect with people in similar boat. Just like how some non smokers wont date,smokers. Preference. The point of my questions were to ask why do we need to connect with others like us?. Did u read all answers. ? It just seemed to me over the last two months of my new membership, reading about single people or widowed people thinking if they must have another partner, what's the importance of a partner same,as you ( with a,stoma).

or in lesser terms another leftie. Having a hard time thinking if a,stoma person is thinking that partner stoma,is the end all be,all person in their life.

Reply by Puppyluv56, on Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:14 pm

Hey Warrior, 

I would guess that having a relationship with another Ostomate would be the only way to decide if it was a good idea or not. I hope to never be in the situation to have to decide that! I would hate to be fighting for the bathroom when an explosion occurs! Having three bathrooms definitely helps but you know what I mean. Lol

i don’t Have enough closet space for more supplies that I have!  Lots of things to consider. But when things happen, go with it! 

Puppyluv

Reply by warrior, on Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:39 am

ha ha explosions? Geez.. I dont get those. Only time I need for bathroom is to drain and most times its not urgent. Replacing the appliance can be done in laundry room as long as there is a sink there. No I'm thinking if I were to get involved with another ostomate, I'm just not sure if I could see a better future than one without a stoma.

I know it does happen where ostomates bond immediately. But should it be a factor for. Ltr?

Reply by Puppyluv56, on Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:23 pm

Haha Warrior, 

i don’t have explosions either but you just never know. Lol  I irrigate so on rare occasion when I do have small amounts to drain, it is never an emergency! There was a time that happened though! Those first few months without the right supplies for me were hell! 

warrior wrote:

ha ha explosions? Geez.. I dont get those. Only time I need for bathroom is to drain and most times its not urgent. Replacing the appliance can be doneI do have small amounts to d in laundry room as long as there is a sink there. No I'm thinking if I were to get involved with another ostomate, I'm just not sure if I could see a better future than one without a stoma.

I know it does happen where ostomates bond immediately. But should it be a factor for. Ltr?

Reply by warrior, on Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:07 pm
uppyluv56 wrote:

Haha Warrior, 

i don’t have explosions either but you just never know. Lol  I irrigate so on rare occasion when I do have small amounts to drain, it is never an emergency! There was a time that happened though! Those first few months without the right supplies for me were hell! 

warrior wrote:

ha ha explosions? Geez.. I dont get those. Only time I need for bathroom is to drain and most times its not urgent. Replacing the appliance can be doneI do have small amounts to d in laundry room as long as there is a sink there. No I'm thinking if I were to get involved with another ostomate, I'm just not sure if I could see a better future than one without a stoma.

it must be that explosive charm of yours then.😊

Reply by Puppyluv56, on Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:20 pm

That stalking quality I have! Hahaha glad you are a good sport! 

I was mortified at first! 

warrior wrote:
uppyluv56 wrote:

Haha Warrior, 

warrior wrote:

it must be that explosive charm of yours then.😊

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.