Do You Dilate?

Posted by Tickpol , on Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:21 pm

Anybody on here use Hegar dilators?

How often do you do it?

What lubricant do you use?

Dave

Reply by Bill, on Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:12 pm

Hello Dave.

I do not use the Hegar dilators but I have used anal dilators in the past after surgery. and, more recently (as is my want)  I have made my own dilator which sounds as if it is similar to the new type being proposed. 

There is a useful guide to using these techniques on: https://www.adlermicromed.com/anal-dilator-instructions/

I use a prescribed water based lubricating jelly called Aquagel (which is similar to that recommended on the above website). It is distributed in the UK by Ecolab Ltd and is widely used in NHS hospitals. It is perfectly safe and I also use it for my anal catheter which I use for irrigation. However, I have noticed that the instructions say that it is for 'professional use only'. This is probably why I get it on prescription.  

I hope you find this useful.

Best wishes

Bill

Reply by Puppyluv56, on Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:47 pm

Hi Dave,

Have not used a dilator but do Irigate and use a lubricant on the cone. I started out buying the expensive stuff through EDgepark but found the Equate Lubricant Gel from Walmart does the exact same thing at a fraction of the cost. 

Hope this helps,

Puppyluv

Reply by Tickpol , on Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:08 pm

Dilation was a piece of cake.  I just used some store-brand KY jelly.

Dave

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.