Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,340 members

Nerve block for rectal pain

Posted by labjano, on Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:26 pm

I have had many perineal fistula/abscess surgeries for Crohns Disease resulting in significant amount of scar tissue deep inside my rectal area. Now I have constant pain when I have to sit for any period of time. Has anyone heard of a perineal pelvic nerve block procedure? I'm trying to find a doctor that will do it. Any advice or names would be greatly appreciated. I've been pretty miserable for awhile.

Thanks,

Jan

Reply by Mark1070, on Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:25 pm

So sorry you're suffering, Jan. Have your doc(s) pinpointed the source of the pain? I know some of the pain management docs do nerve blocks. I hope you find relief soon. 

Reply by Bill, on Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:46 am

Hello labjano. 

I had never heard of perineal pelvic nerve block procedure, but thank you very much for drawing it to my attention. I have looked it up on the internet and it appears to be available on the NHS. However, the fact that it is only a temporary solution and the possible side-effects would need to be considered carefully before I would contemplate opting for this approach.  Nonetheless these things are worth knowing about.

Best wishes

Bill

Reply by labjano, on Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:44 am
Mark1070 wrote:

So sorry you're suffering, Jan. Have your doc(s) pinpointed the source of the pain? I know some of the pain management docs do nerve blocks. I hope you find relief soon. 

Thank you. I have an appt on the 25th with my primary Dr to get a referral to a pain clinic that does this type of procedure.

Reply by labjano, on Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:49 am
Bill wrote:

Hello labjano. 

I had never heard of perineal pelvic nerve block procedure, but thank you very much for drawing it to my attention. I have looked it up on the internet and it appears to be available on the NHS. However, the fact that it is only a temporary solution and the possible side-effects would need to be considered carefully before I would contemplate opting for this approach.  Nonetheless these things are worth knowing about.

Best wishes

Bill

Thank you for the advise. I will continue to research this and hopefully find a permanent solution. Wish I could just shop on Amazon and purchase a brand new bum instead!

Take care

Jan

Reply by Bill, on Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:22 am

Hello Jan.

I just love the concept of being able to shop on Amazon for a new bum. However, in my case I would probably be looking for a full body transplant!

Best wishes 

Bill

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.