Game-changing adhesive for colostomy care!

Replies
Views
walderpeee

I prefer the Liquid Skin Tac over the wipes. It comes in a bottle with a swab connected to the lid. A little goes a long way. I still have half a bottle since I ordered it 8 months ago! My barriers are lasting up to 8 days now without changing it. I really think you will be amazed!!

renomar

I tried SkinTac liquid adhesive.... AMAZING! EXCELLENT PRODUCT. What an energy and time saver. Best overall product and would highly recommend to everyone!

Thanks Walderpeee!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,447 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

walderpeee

Thank you—so glad you got great results!!

Michelle :)

Past Member

I've found amazing bargains for ostomy supplies on eBay.

Past Member

According to Coloplast, 3-5 days is the average life of the adhesive, so to prevent embarrassing and inconvenient leaks it is best to change in that range. However, as in all things, "your results may vary." Change your appliance when you feel it is time.

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
walderpeee

Where on eBay did you find colostomy products? I agree about Edgepark!!! My insurance only uses Edgepark and they are expensive!!

w30bob

Walder,

Just search for the specific product you want on eBay. I get lots of Hollister stuff on there, some from folks who deal in ostomy supplies and some from folks who, for whatever reason, have excess or don't need what they've got. Don't kid yourself, there are a lot of sellers on there asking full price or more, but there are also some real bargains if you check frequently. Just watch expiration dates on things that have them, and most ostomy supplies do, and if they don't give the expiration or you can't see it in the pic, just message them. I find more often than not if you buy a number of things they also throw in a few freebies as well. I just bought 8 boxes of semi-transparent ostomy bags for cheap and the gal threw in another bag of bags just because. It happens a lot. I guess folks die or switch to other products and have no need for the 3-month supply their insurance just bought them... but eBay is a good source for all things ostomy related.

Regards,

Bob

walderpeee

Thanks Bob,  I have used eBay for the Hollister Adapt Deodorant & bought an off-brand bottle for real cheap & it was okay!! Gonna start to just look monthly for deals!! Thanks again!!!   Michelle :)

Puppyluv56

Going through these companies is convenient because they file your insurance for you and make it easy for you. If you prefer to file your own insurance for reimbursement or just buy your supplies outright, you can go where you want to buy them. You can probably find less expensive supplies elsewhere but I'm all about the convenience! As other people say, they get great deals on eBay.  
Puppyluv

Doe1mama

Currently, my husband uses paste or Eakins Slim Barrier before we apply the wafer. I just want to make sure I understand how you use this.

The Skintac adhesive is applied around the stoma, eliminating paste or barrier ring?