Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,340 members

White Boy Rick (2018) *Spoilers*

Posted by withed, on Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:52 pm

So I was watching this movie with a friend and there's a particular scene where the main character has to deal with his new ostomy bag. It's pretty in your face and I couldn't help but burst out laughing at the little red rose on his stomach as his bag came loose dripping all over. I wonder if non-ostomates gross out over that scene? Though my friend didn't, she had already seen mine at some point.

Reply by Bill, on Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:29 am

Hello withed.

I have not seen the movie, but it's good to hear that the circumstances surrounding having a stoma are being shown on the big-screen. Hopefully, it won't be all about the disasters. 

Best wishes

Bill

Reply by britathrt60, on Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:42 am

Hi withed

Sounds like a good movie...hopefully its available on Netflix.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Angela

Reply by withed, on Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:21 am
britathrt60 wrote:

Hi withed

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Angela

Yeah. I watched it on Netflix. 

Reply by w30bob, on Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:17 am
Bill wrote:

Hello withed.

I have not seen the movie, but it's good to hear that the circumstances surrounding having a stoma are being shown on the big-screen. Hopefully, it won't be all about the disasters. 

Best wishes

Bill

Hi Bill,

Funny thing is when I was younger I would have agreed with your statement above.  But now that I'm half-way into my fifties I take the position that there are lots of things (medical issues) I would prefer NOT to know about.  This website really opened my eyes in that respect.  Reading about all the problems people with ostomies have that either are or are not ostomy related is down right depressing.  I feel guilty being on here with no other medical issuses other than my short gut and my shitbag.  On here I'm a one percenter!!  Seems there are so many medical conditions I was unaware of, and kind of "fat dumb and happy" about it.  I won't ramble on here.........but I'll just say I'd rather people NOT know about stomas and ostomies and such and just be grateful they don't have to know.  I don't fault folks for taking their health for granted, I just wish I could do the same.

Rock on Brother!

bob 

Reply by Tayah, on Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:42 am
britathrt60 wrote:

Hi withed

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Angela

Hi, I'm wondering what this movie is call.  Ontario here too 

Reply by withed, on Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:20 pm
Tayah wrote:
britathrt60 wrote:

Hi withed

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Angela

The movie is actually just called "White Boy Rick" https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4537896/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

Reply by britathrt60, on Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:01 am
withed wrote:
Tayah wrote:
britathrt60 wrote:

Hi withed

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Angela

The movie is actually just called "White Boy Rick" https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4537896/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

Hi withed..It seems like Tayah????? whoever that is hijacked my message somehow..I see multiple messages to you from me...I am sorry about this.

Angela

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.