New Slip-On Ostomy Belt with Drainage Zipper - Any Reviews?

Replies
Views
warrior

News flash... this just in... tick tick tick tick... apparently a company has joined up with makers of the stealth belt and now have developed a "slip-on" type of belt with accessible drainage zipper. It looks a lot more sleek than the Velcro type but I just visited the website... and they are still only showing that stupid Velcro type belt. I sent them an email about where the slip-on video is and I want to see it before I look further into ordering one (103.00 a pop! US). I doubt anyone has purchased this slip-on yet. If you have, do tell. Pros and cons... thanks. Warrior on the warpath.

w30bob

Hi warrior,

Do they say who the other company is that they've joined with? I checked Stealth Belt's site but didn't see anything about a slip-on type belt. Maybe I missed it. Let me know where on the site you saw it.

Thanks,

Bob

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,377 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

warrior

Will do, Bob. Will check for you later and report.  

w30bob

Hi warrior,

Thanks for the message. I poked around the web a little last night and came to find there are a lot of copy-cat Stealth Belts out there, most for around half what Stealth Belt charges. I'm sure there are subtle (or maybe not so subtle) differences, but I didn't find any "slip-on" style. They all had similar construction. Someone on here said they had 2 Stealth Belts and offered to send me one to check out. I'll dig up that old post and contact that person and see if I can borrow one. I can then make a copy and run down to Joanne's Fabrics and pick up a piece of neoprene and make my own, and maybe customize it a little. I can also poke around for better material choices as well. So thanks for making the effort. I'll post if I make any progress.

Thanks,

Bob

warrior

Hey Bob. I got two I can send you. One is newer, the other older. No big deal. Send or text address? Tony aka Warrior.

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
w30bob

Warrior,

Guess what popped into my inbox this morning... the slip-on Stealth Belt! Here's the link

https://www.stealthbelt.com/slip-on-belt?utm_source=bronto&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=slip-on_style_announcement_bta_tid=32839930275476425875794482317086479930899778970586251008811271120663860947442782832064391290132987551754

I didn't have a chance to read the whole thing, but I think it's designed to be worn with a Stealth Belt. Will check it out later, but wanted to let you know you weren't going nuts.

Regards,

Bob

warrior

Yeah co co... for Coco Puffs nuts. I am getting ads now for the slip-on belt at $89. It looks like a fat rubber band - 5 inches wide.

w30bob

Hi warrior,

Thanks man. I just tried to message you my address, but it's a new month and they haven't assigned the 10 free monthly memberships yet........so it won't let me do it. I'd put my address out here but then all the ostomates who get pissed with me will be hurling full bags of shit on my front lawn. So as soon as I get access to private messaging again I'll shoot you my address. Just let me know what it costs to ship and I'll send you the bucks either in cash or via Paypal, whatever works for ya. I won't screw it up, I just want to see how they construct it, so I'll flip it inside out and trace the parts on paper so I can make material patterns. Then I can get it right back to you. I appreciate the offer.

Thanks,

Bob