Where is everyone?

Replies
Views
sitNpriti

Any ostomates out there? Helloooooooooooooo!

SitNpriti

Mary Ellen

I think people sign up then lose interest or sign in under the radar.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,370 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Belinda

I'm here. Where are you? Seriously though, I'm Belinda. I'm in England and it is freezing. Talk to me someone!

sitNpriti

Hi! Nice to meet you! I had my 2nd colostomy after 20 years on Oct. 6th, 2007. Guess I've learned the hard way not to put all the wrong stuff into my body... my bad!    

Priti
sitNpriti

Hi Belinda..........nice meeting you, too! I'm from E. Ohio which is verrrrry cold and gloomy today..........I had my colostomy on Oct. 2007........how are you doing?

I hope this one (post) goes through..........took several times to get my last reply to post! Grrrrrrr.....

Priti

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
Past Member

Hello all.
I am in England too. I don't know why this site's not used much. We must be a boring lot!!! Or maybe leading such wonderful lives we ain't got time for this. I know which one I come under!!!
Best dash then, my taxi's waiting to take me to the ball.
Poppy

tarababy

Hi folks, just saying hi from Australia. I think people still can't open up about themselves. I find that a lot here in Oz. Lots of them here but they don't even tell friends they have an ostomy, let alone come out and chat to a complete stranger. Even if you do go first. I thought putting my face and story in the paper would bring out more like me, to get into my support group. Well, wasn't I surprised. Over 3 years, I got 10 members, then find out at the end of it, there's way over 100 here in this town. So I have been worn out trying to get it up and running like I wanted. And have now thrown the towel in. Guess I got tired of being put in the too hard basket. Hasn't done me or anyone any good not being here (support group). At least it gave me what I needed to get back on track. But I still come back to here. I wish more people would put their 2 cents worth in. It would be nice to have a lot of different opinions. See how the other half live and so on. Ok, better go or I'll get a book going here. Lol. Chow XX. This is a good sounding board though.

Mary Ellen

It is so good to see people talking because I got into this site because my support group folded and there is not too much around - I keep hoping I can get more involved and talk with more people because even though friends and family are great sometimes they just don't cut it.

sitNpriti
Hello Mary Ellen/All......I had my colostomy in Oct. but found out there were no support groups in my area ........so I Googled "colostomy" and found a couple groups online and can't tell you what a blessing they are! I have an appointment with my surgeon today to find out if and when he can reverse this rosebud on my tummy so will let you know what he says.......

Are all of you "jeans" wearers? I am but had to buy a couple pair of the stretchy waist ones until I can fit back into my old ones.......

Best wishes...........

Priti
Mary Ellen

Hi everyone! I had my ileostomy 5 years ago and will have it with me till the day I go - so good words to you who can get their ostomy reversed! When I went into surgery, I knew mine wouldn't be able to be, but that is the path I was given and I am accepting. As for the blue jean thing -- I have to get them a little too big, so I like to get the elastic waist, which I thought I would never do in my entire life, but things do go on, so who the hell cares ---- that's all that matters. Great day to all my friends and enjoy the day we are given.

tarababy

Jeans? Hell no, guys... only if I'm really cold. And that's not often. In the beginning, it was bike pants and big t-shirts... now I wear skin-tight dresses and mini skirts. Most of my things are short - whether they be tight or free-flowing... and I don't wear anything that's uncomfortable to me. And always wearing high heels. My only hiccup, I think, is bloody granny undies... but... seems you can still be sexy in them too. Nice to see a reaction... keep it coming, people... XX Take care everyone.

Mary Ellen

No way am I wearing granny undies but I would like to wear skin-tight anything -- my ileostomy doesn't take kindly to it and any suggestions for adaptation would be accepted gladly. Even frequent emptyings haven't been successful for me -- let me know your secrets. Look forward to everyone talking 'cause I love hearing from everyone who I know without knowing - does that make sense? Keep on enjoying the day. Mary Ellen.

tarababy
Hi Mary Ellen.. Lol thanks but they are comfy.. And because of how things went with my new friend... It was classed as a high-output-ileostomy... Couldn't gain weight as EVERYTHING went through me within 20 minutes.. I was losing weight.. I suggested they put me back on Codeine as I had been using them for the side effects, constipation, before all this.. Now I live on them.. But I have helped a few people, they are told to always ask the doctor first, but a small dose does help slow things down incredibly.. Seems it all depends on how much has gone (bowel), etc.. But until something better comes along, it's keeping me alive.. Cheers.. Oh and the granny undies help with keeping the bag close to your body.. I sew pieces of elastic inside.. To put the end of the bag through, saves me reaching in like a guy trying to rearrange things.. (The look that gets if you get busted. LOL) Bye for now.. xx
Past Member

I wear grandad undies.
But, there again, I am a grandad.
Hipster or short-waisted jeans are a no-no, as the bag fills up above the waistline and blows itself off - not a nice experience.

tarababy

Hi...ok I forgot to add that...I'm a granny as well...4 little ones for me and mine..Shame I don't see most of them bar 1..and he's the love of my life...Still with the knickers ladies...other than the GrannyUndies...we call them G-strings, you guys call them Thongs-As long as they have a wide front, they are ok---when I first heard a yank talk about a thong, to me it's a piece of rubber going under your foot-but he meant a G-string?!! Had to mop up the drink I was drinking..Thinking one of us is going to look pretty funny... Just like to add that it's refreshing to see people having more of an input this year...I'm hoping I'm not the only one with a funny story...come on guys...we are on a roll here!!...Do I have to bore you with more?..lol...chow for now..XXX......Keep On Smiling....it makes people wonder what you're up to...