View unanswered forum posts

ConvaTec - Try Esteem
ConvaTec - OstoMySecrets
ConvaTec - Me+ Join Today
Advertisement
ConvaTec - Tips For Public Restrooms
Advertisement
ConvaTec - Me+ Join Today

What is an Urostomy or an ileal conduit?

Welcome to MeetAnOstoMate
17,060 Members
Nurse
Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:27 pm
This video was created to help explain an ileal conduit/urostomy.   If you would like information on the Anatomical Apron shown in this video please contact me.  

Link

* Creator of the "Anatomical Apron"
Clinical Instructor for WCEI
Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:23 am
Brilliant !! Thank you so much. As a Urostomate  I have allways understood what my op. entailed, but this explained it in much simpler terms . This will be a fantastic help to newbies , & makes the whole thing less scary...........Pete.
Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:32 pm
hello ....so here is a question i am looking to have my urostomy reversed i just can not live with it anymore ....i had it done in 2007 does anyone out there know of a doctor in Toronto Ontario who can do this as the doctors i have been to will not do it but will never tell me straight up why they wont any information will help thank you.....
Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:08 pm
If you've had your Bladder removed ---Urostomies are non reversable sorry !!

Had mine for nearly 5 yrs now ...no problems !!
Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:57 pm
sweetpea2007 I had my bladder and prostate remove April 08 due to cancer. The dr said he could make a new bladder but at that time i was not in good enofe health. my kiddeny function was to low. At my last ck up he said he could do the operation if i wanted. Im just waiting for the money to have it done. Good luck and hope you can find a dr that can do somthing for you.
Mike
Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:45 am
I am scheduled to have a urostomy after the bladder tumor shrinks sufficiently.
I would welcome being able to see the video posted but U-Tube says it's private.
How can I see it?
H
  Past Member
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:00 am
Dear Sweetpea2007,   I suspect if you learn what creating an alternative bladder entails you might not be so enthusiastic.  What is upsetting you so much?  You should be able to do almost anything you did before or is this a body image problem?  I am still coming to terms with the change in my lifestyle after 7 years but getting upset just shortens your life and benefits no one.  Revel in your family.
Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:37 pm
vulcanBMk2 wrote:
Brilliant !! Thank you so much. As a Urostomate  I have allways understood what my op. entailed, but this explained it in much simpler terms . This will be a fantastic help to newbies , & makes the whole thing less scary...........Pete.

Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:38 pm
vulcanBMk2 wrote:

Past Member
Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:15 am

Tried all I know but video is still rated as private.  Any hints?

Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:29 pm

19 years with urostomy, last three have been hell due to uti's. Consultant thought it was s stiricture. Had surgery in May, hopefully it will be an end to them, only bother now is my stoma is not straight and im getting endless bloody leaks!! 

Past Member
Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:16 pm

I am to have my bladder removed nd an Illeal Coduit Ureterotomy done. I would like to view the "private" YouTube video.

I do have issues with body image and hope the video will help me through them.

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.