First 2 Shifts as a Security Guard

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Gus

I started at 7pm Friday night after starting work driving a truck at 4am, so I was pretty well buggered by the time I started work. It went well though, looking after surf life saving equipment for the state championships. A lot of walking and patrolling the beach on 4WD quad bikes. Not a bad job for my first 2 shifts.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,099 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

Steve, so how many hours did you work? I can barely do my 9-hour day... If I had known I was going to live this long, I might have taken a bit better care of myself!!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Gus

It was 10-hour shifts, mate. Not too hard, just walking around checking things and riding the quad. Mind you, I did work all day Friday, so Friday night was tough.

gutenberg
Steve old buddy, I hope to hell you don't overdo yourself especially with that operation coming up, you're going to need all the strength for recuperation, just keep that in mind, and we're proud of you so don't forget, get as much rest as you can and stay healthy, Ed.
Past Member

Good on you...
I am thinking of going back to work very soon too.
No income is a bad on the wallet, even the moths have left home! LMAO
Just moved house on the weekend, that was hard work. So work shouldn't be too bad.

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Gus

And not 10 minutes ago I received a phone call. Because of my reports, they have rostered me at a shopping centre in Wyong about 10 minutes away. #pm till 10pm the rest of the week. I think I'm gonna do well in my career change.

Ria, get out there girl, get work and enjoy it. I was an interstate truckie for years and recently undertook security training. So far, it's been excellent. Wait till I do my first club, hehehe. The dream may shatter, lmao.

Anyone heard from Hannah? I miss that girl.

beatrice

Way to go Steve! But like Ed, I'm going to say don't overdo it. Do you wear a hernia belt?

Hannah, where are you -- I've been wondering too.

WOUNDED DOE

I'm so happy for you, Steve, but please don't overwork yourself. You're really taking on a lot! Just be careful and keep your health as the first priority. You can see we're all happy for you and a little bit worried.