Canada Tax Credit

Replies
Views
pastorpatricia

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone here has applied for and received the disabled tax credit. I was told by stoma nurses that I'm eligible but was turned down when I applied. I just sent a letter off asking them to review the application. If you successfully got this credit, please share your experience with me. Thank you.

Past Member

I'm thinking about it myself. We would fit the criteria, but as anything to do with the government, it's a battle to get it. Let me know how you make out with the letter.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,320 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

gutenberg
I don't know if I can help but the only way I could get my doctor to sign off on the application was after I told him I needed my wifes' help in changing my appliances and with an ileostomy, he reluctantly filled out the form. I can tell you its a real bitch trying to get that disability tax exemption, I know a few people who tried and it was an exercise in futility, had I not brought up needing someone to help me it would have been a lost cause. The first thing you have to prove is you are in some way incapable of doing things where your disability is concerned. It would be wise to get hold of their application and see where you can convince them your disability affects your life. as I have an ileostomy, the doctor agreed with me I had a chance, sure as hell it worked. Keef trying,there must be others on this site to get different ideas from, all the best, Ed
budd002

How ironic is this topic. Just today I went into the tax dude and got the form to take to my doctor to fill out for me. Thanks for the "tip" on how to get the doc to sign off on it without needing assistance to change the ostomy.

When I called to ask how far back they can go, they said as far back as the doctor states you have been disabled for. BUT....they also told me that since I am also getting Disability, I should have the credit put into a sibling's/spouse's name to get the FULL credit amount and disability can't take any of it.

Any updates on anyone actually GETTING the credit and how much did you get? (Not being nosy...just curious lol)

** Speaking of these new tax credits:

My ex has basically been living off a large inheritance for the past year and a half and not working. So he renovated his house to the tune of 25K, all renovations fell within the outlined acceptable renos. (kitchen, bathroom, roof, basement etc.) He filed his taxes thinking he would at LEAST be getting the $1300 max back. WRONG! Because he only "made" 10K in income last year, he didn't qualify for ANYTHING from the Renovation credit....something is amiss here. Not to mention the first $1000 in renos don't even count. Funny, they don't mention those conditions on the commercials....

gutenberg
Hi Budd, as near as I can remember the tax credit was around $4000 or 5000, Igot a lot of my information from my accountant and he gave me Ideas on how to approach my doctor, one thing he pressed home was to use the fact I needed help in changing my appliance, but for that matter , anything , where you need help,Ed

PS I also get another disability pension and it didn't matter. WCB pension

PPS At the time I was also getting Canada pension Disability, the catch there you must not to be able to work at all, if you do work, you can kiss it all goodby, this only applies to CPD.

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister