Username

Replies
Views
Shitbag

Does anyone out there think I should change my username?

Past Member

Well, it might be offensive to some people on this site. And some people may take it out of context, but it's fine with me. Whatever floats your boat.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,358 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Mr1981Neil

Nah, it made me smile when I saw your name on the list of people online.

tine

Hell no, it made me giggle xx

Past Member

As long as you're happy with it, don't worry about it.

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Past Member

Definitely keep it! So appropriate considering the site we're on, mate!

Cheers!

facingmyfears

Oh my gosh, please, please, please keep it!!!!!! I get a good visceral laugh every time I see your username!!

I think it's so sweet that you're asking our opinion—that makes me want you to keep it all the more! It's soooooooo funny!!

eddie

Yeah, great name. Wish I would have thought of it!
I say it's a keeper!!!!!
Eddie

lottagelady

Oy, shitbag, just keep it, it says it as it is!
Rach xx

Past Member
Keep it! Made me laugh

miyzy

Hell, why not keep it one Halloween? I dress up as a bag lady. My friends got it; they thought it was hilarious.

gutenberg
Well Shitbag, I'm of two minds in regards of the nick, on the one hand its certainly apropos of our life style, but, on the other, anyone who played guitar in a parking lot (I think) with none other than Chet Atkins, well, thats another matter, but in the end its what YOU think that matters. By the way, he wasn't playing a Gretch by any chance?
tarababy

Hi Mr. Shitbag, what a great name! If you change it, then the people with no sense of humor will win... Walk tall and proud with that name. It's a corker... Stay with it. Hey, at least it's not shitforbrains... that belongs to me... Tara...

junopete

Shitbag

You must have concerns over the name or you would not ask.

Moreover, in my humble opinion, it gives a condition with "dirty" connotations, relevance.

I think I would find a name a little more acceptable.

Rick.....

Gus

I would change it mate, I was called a nafg of shit in the army cos as a recruit I had trouble meeting their standards dress wise. So to me it's derogatory and sounds like you're putting yourself down. Now superpooper or Billy Bagcarrier would be a couple of good ones... maybe even Blurterbob. It's up to you mate,

Rhian

Hi shitbag.... It does sound derogatory, however, seeing as you chose it yourself, my answer is do what makes you happy mate!

beyondpar
Before I begin let me just put the disclaimer out there, that you can keep your name if you like it and change it too if you feel the need, However

Here is my opinion on the matter and let me tell everyone on here that I think i had asked you to change it early on when i first noticed it.

Words are powerful and names too and they all carry with it preconceived notions and stereotypes and connotations, and SHITBAG is everything negative..We used to call kids we hated or thought were being stupid that name and that in and of itself is all NEGATIVE..I feel its on par with the word SCUMBAG and I dare anyone to find that to be funny or cute or laugh out loud teriffic that one would feel comfortable with a name like that.
We in the Ostomy world already face a boatload of negative steretyping by the world and to even perpetuate anything negative for a second( and yes even in a name) is unacceptable to me in my journey..To even call the pouch a shitbag allows the stigma to continue and I will not stand idly by.It also does a disservice to the ostomy as at its very elemental form it might well be that, but what it offers is everything but.
What we call ourselves is also a continuation of our psyche moment.........ie Beyondpar, facing my fears, wonded doe, 1 happyme. etc etc and to call yourself shitbag doenst sit well with me or for that matter baffles me that others feel its ok. As i read the thread i could nt help but notice that that some who were repulsed by the thought of having to have the "bag" and couldnt wait for reversal , find the name laugh out loud funny and encouraging another to keep it.......i find it disengenuous and a disconnect on what the journey is all about.
While I know I too need to lighten up a bit, this touches a deep chord for me and most of us on this site and I will continue to speak about all that the pouch offers.

One last thing beofre I go, and that is that "shitbag" wants to meet someone and to keep the name will only attract flies..........we have all suffered in some way shape or form and want to move foward with only positive good feelings and thoughts and i dont see that happening with a name like that..........Till next post.........Michael
Buffi

I think it's a hoot and it shows that you're a hoot with a great attitude and sense of humour.