Jeanie Frances

Replies
Views
gutenberg
Would like to know if anybody has heard from Jeaniefrances lately?
jeaniefrances

Thanks for checking on me. I have been out of pocket since my surgery 2 weeks ago in Nashville. They sent me to a life care center for wound treatment. Most of the people here are very elderly, mostly stroke victims. They change my dressing 3 times a week and it is healing up well. Next week I go back to my doctor for a check-up. My draining has almost stopped but not totally. I have a drain that comes out of my incision, I have to drag my pump around with me wherever I go. After the surgery my doctor spoke to my daughter and my girlfriend, she said my cancer had glazed over my intestines and she gave me 1 year...maybe to live. That sent me into a spin. I decided not to tell my 88-year-old mom, my dad just died 2 months ago...and I am all that is left. Of course doctors don't really know a time limit for sure, only God. I don't feel bad but hate the tubes. Maybe after my check-up they will let me go home. They put me on an antidepressant which I think helps me..I do feel in a fog a lot..but don't want to dwell on my diagnosis. Again..thanks for checking on me. I now have my laptop here at the center, gives me something to do..days are long here. Talk later...Jeanie

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,358 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

My heart goes out to you and my deepest sympathy. Please don't give up and keep fighting no matter what happens. I too was given a year and that was thirteen years ago, so please just keep fighting. If there is anything I can do, please don't hesitate to ask.

beyondpar

JF,
I am here to say to you, hang in there. If you are up to it, please give me your phone number as a chat sometimes can be better than all this typing. You are a champ and a special person to a lot of us here, and I personally would like to talk with you and hear your voice. I hope you reach out to me and us and allow us to chat live with you. You are in my thoughts and prayers always. Michael

gutenberg
JF, I am in shock, just know we'll be praying for you. You have a big family here all hoping for the best, Luv Ed

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Past Member

Speechless, Jeanie. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Jo x

lottagelady

No words, Jeannie - just wish we could all come and give you a big group hug .... sending you healing thoughts and prayers from across the big pond ....
Rach xxxx

beatrice

Oh my dear, you are in my thoughts and prayers. We love you and want to hear from you whenever you feel like it.

Be strong and try to live in each moment .... hugs upon hugs.

Rose
p.s. I am going to plant some things in my garden today... I have a beautiful carnation plant (my favorite flower) and it's going to be my Jeaniefrances plant. I'll see it many times a day and will send out a prayer for you every time I do.

boss

Jeanie, I am so sorry. If you need anyone to talk to, I'm here for you. Take care, Steve.

Texas Girl

Yes, I have talked to her. She emails me and told me the same as she put in the forum. She is really depressed and is on the medicines, or said she would be crying. That is all I really know at this point. When she emails me again, I will let you know. I am not a full member, so I will just have to reply to you. Okay.... Tammie from Texas

janice

You're right, Jeanne! Only God knows. They are coming out with newer treatments every day! I understand your depression. I think you're doing the right thing by not dwelling on it. None of us know how long we have. I could be dead tomorrow. I just choose to live my life one day at a time and make the most out of every day. Please keep us informed and I will add you to my prayer list.

Lobster

You take care, honey. Thinking of you and wishing you all the best. X

jeaniefrances

Thanks to everyone for your support, that means a lot to me. I think once I get out of this healthcare place and get to go home, I should feel better. Don't know why but I am sick to my stomach every day...hate that feeling. I don't really feel any worse. Sometimes when they tell you that you are sick, you feel sick. Power of suggestion. My days are so long here, I love it when it is bedtime and I can go to sleep. Not much to do here but stay in my room and read or watch TV. I have a lot of friends who visit me which helps. My cell is 423 309 0398 for my friend...I will keep everyone up to date. Go back to the doctor Wednesday. Talk later, Jeanie.

Roch!!

My thoughts are with you.... and prayers. Hugs. Rochelle. X

eddie

Jeanie, you have lots of friends here. Let us know how we can help. I think it is a good thing to get home asap.
Luv,
Eddie

miyzy

I'm so sorry, baby. My heart goes out to you. Never give up. As hard as it may seem, you've got this far. Stay positive. Miracles do happen. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Kathleen53

Dear Jeannie, I know things will be better once you get home again. I spent seven weeks last year in one of those wound care places and they really are the worst. Just know that we are all praying for you and don't ever give up. If you want to talk anytime, I've taken down your cell number if you feel like talking. We all send you prayers and hugs, best wishes Sue

Gus
Hi Jeanie, sorry it's been a long time since I posted but I have been busy and the Crohn's has flared up for the first time in 6 years. Kinda kept in my own little world which sounds selfish, that's okay at times too. I really hate when doctors say how long a person has to live. Really, it's an individual thing with many factors. Age, strength of body, mind, and will. Support, and finally whether they want to die or not.
You know what Jeanie, it's okay to feel depressed, I know I would be, but only for a short amount of time though. Whether you have a long time or short time on this planet, you have to make the most of it. I hope you get better, I really do. I have no religious affiliation nor do I pray to whatever, but my thoughts go out to you and I'll send healing thoughts your way. Stay strong Jeanie and please live life like every day is your last. Big hugs from the fatman down under.
tine

My thoughts, prayers, and love are with you.
XX

Jax
JF, my thoughts are also with you. Last year, the doctors said to my parents that I had about 3 days to live. I am still here 12 months later and louder and more alive than ever.

Chin up, love. We are all cheering for you. I am not religious at all but am a very compassionate person. Just remember, we are on this earth for a reason.

Jax

xxx

I am not sure of your circumstances, but I am sure you have fought well and continue to do so.