Ileostomy

In this discussion
Replies
Views
airforce1
Hi

I have an ileostomy. I have had it for 4 months. Any tips would be a great help.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,086 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

junopete

Air Force

It's all pretty much an OTJ (on the job) training thing. Unless you have a particular question or problem. Everyone is different and has his or her own challenges.

Good luck

Rick.....

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
lottagelady
Hi Air Force, welcome to the forum. I hope you will find some help here. There are many people here who will help answer any questions you may have - probably need to be a bit more specific?

There is a section in the forum on tips - the link is below:

https://www.meetanostomate.org/discussion-forum/viewtopic.php?t=377&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Hope you find something there. If not, just ask!

Rachel xx
ostralian

Hi Airforce

Are you a member of one of the New Zealand support groups? I'm sure someone there would be happy to talk to you as well. There are two groups as far as I know.

Cheers, Trish

wendy
Hi - I've had an ileostomy since 1974, or 36 years. It's been a long journey. I've learned many, many things about coping, finding easier ways, more helpful supplies, etc. Have you had the advice of an ET nurse? I hope so, but they are scarce. I wish you all the best, and assure you that life can go on normally.

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
beatrice
Welcome!

Lots of great info here... just start browsing and reading.

And don't hesitate to ask questions!
airforce1

I have had it for 4 months now. I have got it into a routine. I think I have had 3 operations in 2 weeks to get it sorted. It was not good there at some stage. I spent 20 days in the hospital over Christmas. Now I am working in the morning and it's going well. I live in Wanganui, New Zealand. It's 10pm here. I have work tomorrow, so I will hope to be online tomorrow. My ostomy nurse is just great. Good support.

ZACK

Four months and back to work already. Looks like you are doing well. I was off for two months after adhesions glued all my small intestine into one useless mass. Had a second surgery to fix that. But that was 1976 and sometimes I forget I do have some limitations.
As others have written, ask any question here; someone will have been there too.
Zack, Michigan, United States