Jeanie Frances

Replies
Views
tippitop

Does anyone hear from her on a regular basis? I, like many others, think of her daily and possibly she is too sapped of energy to contact the site.
The communal prayer is a fantastic idea, just hope she knows we are here for her at any time, day or night.
Tippitopxx

gutenberg
I got a very short note from her the other day, I had sent a short note to her and don't want to overdo it, I knpw you'll understand Ed.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,370 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

tippitop

Thanks Ed, I fully understand. Glad you heard from her, will continue to keep her in my thoughts and prayers.
Tippitopx

vulcanBMk2

With all due respect, I know you all mean well!! Is it possible not to fill the whole forum on this particular subject!!...Many thanks.

beyondpar

With all due respect Vulcan...............NO.............NO............NO

You can leave until May 16th and then come back if you like, but if you are going to be on here until then, you will continue to see the dialogue on the plan.........You really don't get it............I will say it again.....You really don't get it.........This isn't your forum...It's our forum and this is what we are talking about ............Yes .....we will continue to talk about this until May 16th. As the day draws near, it might even be a lot more talk and then after that date, yes, it will subside, but if you can't take all the posts or you are annoyed by them............I have a suggestion,

Go on vacation where there is no internet..

..........and guess what, when you come back, we will continue to welcome you back....but until then, I have to say that I think you are an ignorant selfish bastard................I couldn't help myself ADMIN people.

Sorry..................Till next post Michael

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
Lluvschoc

Bravo Michael!

vulcanBMk2

Your eloquent, well-thought-out comments have been noted and will be treated with the disdain and contempt they deserve!!

I was under the impression this was an Ostomy website, not a religious site!!

tippitop

Please Vulcan, don't confuse religion with caring. We all have our very different ways of expressing our love and concern for our fellow man. In this case, a fellow ostomate who may be at rock bottom. Have a heart man.
Tippitop

beatrice

Tippitop said it right regarding confusing religion and caring.

Also, the good we are doing by collectively thinking and directing our energy (for her) outweighs the irritation we may be causing some members.

Don't like it - don't look.

WOUNDED DOE
That was very rude, Vulcan.     You surprise me.     Very rude indeed.

You clicked into those threads at your own will ..... it is just as easy for you to click yourself out.    

No one is forcing you to participate in a sincere and caring outreach.     There are plenty of other things for you to read.
WOUNDED DOE

Cheers to all those who care enough to send positive thoughts and energy, in whichever form you choose, to someone who may very well need it... This is a beautiful thing..

I am Pagan... I have my own way of doing things, many times perhaps not so different from yours... I will light some candles on my altar and burn some sage and focus on our friend as well... To happiness and good health, from land to sea, we reach her now, so mote it be...

WOUNDED DOE

Way to go Michael!!!! ....There is nothing wrong with what you said bro.....Not a flippin' thing.......It's much kinder than what 'I' was preparing to say....

.... It needed to be said....That which was on the minds of so very many was verbalized by you on all their behalf.

Past Member
Hey Vulcan

I'm not one to cast stones or make people feel bad. But I hope you or anyone else never gets a diagnosis like that. If you have ever been there, you would understand. What if the shoe was on the other foot and it was happening to you? Do you think the members would turn their backs on you and ignore what is happening to you? I will give you credit in saying that this is an ostomy forum, but it's a family of people who have suffered quite a bit in their lives with what we live with on a daily basis. If a few kind words and a prayer for those who are religious give comfort to a person who is in need, why would you condemn their act of kindness? Did you ever stop to think about what must be going through this poor woman's mind? Like I said, I hope it never happens to you and wish you all the health in the world.
WOUNDED DOE
....Very well put, Bobby! Very well, indeed.
sweetkat
Yha know- it's the support on this page, "via friends from afar," that gets a lot of us through the rough and tough of this stuff. I'm a lover, not a hater, but Valcun, I don't know you and apparently you don't know the people you are talking to... We are people with heart and who care about one another, and now you have made this forum turn most attention to your foolish way of heart, ---- to put the attention back on Jeanie... and the prayers and thoughts that she needs from everyone right now... When you're going through a hard time, sometimes you don't even want to or may not be able to blog, but I know she's in my thoughts as well as all of yours. But we're all thinking about you, Jeanie, and I personally wish you well in my prayers and thoughts!
P.s. Way to go to everyone who stood their ground for an actual good meaning... people like that obviously do "need a vacation" - via Michael! And as for you, Vulcan, we're not a religion, just people who care a lot for one another. If you don't like any of it, then maybe this isn't the site for you. This site is for people who take and give, not take take take take... at least sit on your fingers and count to ten the next time you think of something like that. It's not going to make many people around here happy when you talk about mutual friends...
Love y'all,
Kat
gutenberg
Vulcan, surely you must see what a large portion of this site are willing to do this for Jeaniefrances, besides there is plenty of room for other topics , and this should not hinder you in the least. Give it some more thought, we always appreciated your input on other forum matters, as I still drop of a few jokes to try and show this is only part of the forum.
Best wishes for your health, Ed
sweetkat

Your jokes are funny... LOL

WOUNDED DOE
Excellently put, dear sweet Kat... excellent.
Mike
That was very rude, Vulcan.     You surprise me.     Very rude indeed.

You clicked into those threads at your own will ..... it is just as easy for you to click yourself out.    

No one is forcing you to participate in a sincere and caring outreach.     There are plenty of other things for you to read.            The Whole Forum, Vulcan? This is just one section,    Get a grip.
Kathleen53

Very well said, Michael. I couldn't believe what I was reading when I saw Vulcan's message! It almost made me feel embarrassed to be British, but no, there's good and bad everywhere and hopefully he's in the minority. I couldn't believe Vulcan could be so selfish and completely lacking in compassion. Prayer is such a powerful thing and I know for sure I wouldn't still be here if it wasn't for all the wonderful friends and family who kept me in their prayers. We will continue to send positive thoughts, hugs, and prayers to Jeanie Francis, and I pray these will bring her the strength she needs to pull through this. We love you and pray you will soon get stronger. Very best wishes, Sue.

Gus

Ok, ok, let a cooler head prevail. Vulcan's post has been seen as offensive by most of you, but come on, peeps, haven't you bashed him enough? I think he got the message. We're a close-knit group and sure, when one does something deemed offensive, they get hammered for it. But enough's enough. Let's let it go and focus on what this topic is about, our Jeanie.

Past Member

I agree, while I don't think Pete's post was appropriate....he's been a respected member here for a long time...... we all sometimes spout off without thinking or when we are having a bad day or ?? Lord knows I've put my foot in my mouth a few times on here. Let's move on......group hug time maybe?? So....any updates on Jeanie?? Count me in on the chat prayer. Peace .....

While I am on this subject, I would offer my opinion on public forum manners... This is just my opinion and not "the rules" of this forum.
It's okay to have a difference of opinion with someone....that's a good way to stimulate conversation...even if you totally disagree with an opinion or post.
Personal attacks and calling names is not productive or even much fun and should be avoided. Again....peace.
beatrice

Agree! I think we sometimes go a little overboard with the 'slap' when someone with a strong opposing/negative reaction states their opinion and they are in the minority. I try to remember that typing a whole diatribe about why they are wrong is just once again putting the negative out there to be read by others. Energy spent the wrong way ... Better for me (and others, I think) to just give a short 'nudge' and if it can be done with a bit of humor, all the better.