Accutane, I.B.S. - Crohn's - U.C

In this discussion
Replies
Views
The Bag
Hey fellow Bags... The Bag here with a question for you all...
I've been doing some research as to why we have all been blessed with our Bags...
I'm finding info about people that have taken Accutane (for cystic acne)
I myself took this drug back in the mid-80s and it worked miracles for me and a lot
of other people but here's the kicker... it's been linked to what we have. I'm not saying it
could be the absolute cause. Obviously, there are other variables to a possible cause.
It's just that I've had both Crohn's and UC.
Saw a commercial the other day for a law firm that is putting up a fight for people that
could be eligible for a class-action suit. Wondering if this holds any water... Hey, I'm a
hard worker and believe in an honest day's pay for a day's work but with all the hell I've
gone through, if there's some compensation (SP?) for this I want a piece...

OSTOMATES ROCK!!
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,095 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

gutenberg
I say go for it my friend, I should have sued my surgeon but never went there,was in no shape for that kind of encounter.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
beatrice

That will be interesting to follow.

I remember wondering about Accutane (80's as well) and asking the doc ... he said there were too many downsides to the drug for him to recommend it for me. Never thought of the link, but he knew I had UC ... maybe he didn't want to add a possible irritant/colon stressor?

Mr1981Neil

My bowel problems began while I was using Accutane. Even my dermatologist at the time said it could be linked. I wrote letters to a few law firms here in the UK a few years ago (many years too late) to see if they would take my case, but none wanted to.

I have since just given in on it. I myself still feel that Accutane played a part in my bowel problems.