Romeo seeks his Juliette - The 1st dating ad on this site

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Tall geoff

Theres not been any dating adds so i though id be brave and be the 1st to put one on.

Well hello i was wondering what to write as a punchline 1st
so it was either
romeo seeks his Juliette
or prince charming seeks his princess
they both sound like me so any way lol.

here goes. an dating ad like you never seen before .

well i suppose I'm like a prince charming that is seeking his beautiful princess.
i will treat you like a princess show you lots of love and affection give you lots of cuddles and kisses show you that your wanted and feel loved.

I'm a guy that loves to have a good laugh love to go out to restaurants or even to have that home cooked meal
id love to watch a video cuddled up on the sofa having that romantic evening with the woman i love .
play a game of some kinda or do something special.
i also love to just some time do things on the spur of the moment .
i like much more so if u want to know more read my profile as well .

I'm looking for that some one special
if your out there i looking for that someone who can respect that some guys
can be mushy and can be romantic .
i know how to treat a lady like a princess thats how i feel all ladies should be treat ok my be I'm a dieing breed but i was brought up on good values and i know how to treat a lady even with my stoma and I'm not the richest of guys due to the stoma and past health but i will always make an effort to show the woman I'm with and that they feel happy and loved
and show that person i will always be there for them no matter what.

right thats the kinda guy i am ok genuine loving and kind, very tall and a real gsoh.

what I'm looking for well some one who is the same as me some one who is loving some one who loves a good cuddle some one who like to show there feeling someone who just basically want to feel and have that true love feeling
some one who want to walk in the room and just have that stair and know they feel loved someone who where you don't have to say any words but know what the other is thinking (read my profile if you want to know more) . its all on there

ok hobbies and things we do together as a couple well my interest are on my profile so take a a look

I'm game for a laugh I'm a genuine honest guy just looking for his princess that i can show all my love and affection to so mail me if your interested in getting to know me more.

and please no games only genuine people who will want and understand all this should mail me

hope to chat soon Geoff

ps if Ive left any thing out here mail me as if you ask me a question ill tell you
and and one more thing I'm not (to good to be true) and if you take the time and make the effort to find out then your know I'm for real

uodated july 2021 in still single and looking if you like sound of me

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,102 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

weewee

Well, best of luck to you. Maybe there are more ladies in your town that won't look at you like you're on the short bus, like you see in my town. Plus, so far I've been on here almost a year and have not seen any people looking for another partner, but a good info place and a place to vent for a lot of people. But as far as girls looking for a mate, not too many.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
miyzy

I find it hard to believe that good-looking guys your age cannot find anyone. Wait till you get my age problem. These days, I find, in my opinion, too many people are superficial. There is more to a person than looks. Try looking into the package and not the window dressing. The saying is to find your soulmate, forget the eye candy.

Past Member

God bless you, some of these women need to date and love their bodies and know they are cared about. This is a smart idea you have and I appreciate it. I am happily married but we have so many single women on here that would love a good man. Keep trying and maybe you will find your soul mate. I give you credit and am proud you took a chance to put your heart and soul out here for us all to see. God bless. I wish you a great woman and you be one good man and maybe dreams do come true. Love, Jenny.

Tall geoff

Well, thanks for the kind comments. Well, it's not that I want the eye candy at all. To me, it's about what's inside a woman's heart that matters more to me than looks. I want the right person. I thought if that person also has an astro, then I won't have to worry about telling that person about or worry about what they're saying. So, I'm hoping there is someone on this site that will see my ad and take the time to get to know the real me.
Yeah, I met people outside this site before my operation, but always the wrong kind of people. I want someone special, so I felt I needed to write my ad and put my heart out there on this site.
I don't want just anyone. I want the right one. If I don't find her on here, then fine, lol, but I'll give it a go even if I do make myself look like a twat in the process ;(

Sorry about the edit, just correcting a few words.

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
lottagelady

Geoff, you have some guts.... I truly hope you find someone here who will become your special one..........

Take care

Rach xx

tippitop

I agree with Rachel totally, Geoff. I don't know quite what or whom you are searching for, but if you feel more comfortable contacting a fellow ostomate, then you are in the right place!!!
I met a wonderful person on this site. He happened to live in the U.K., but there are some beautiful ladies on here. You only have to read their messages to know what lovely people they are. Relax, flirt a little!!
I have never been happier, Geoff. I am sure it could be exactly the same for you. You are undeniably attractive, and I hope you have noticed how many young and intelligent single ladies there are contributing to this site!
Whatever, I, amongst others, are gunning for you!!
Go for it!
Loadsaluv,
Tippitop, (Tricia)

bikerboy

I have to agree with the beautiful ladies here. You have ladies here on this site that know exactly where you're coming from. We here all have something in common - we know the pain, we know what good days are, and bad days too. We are more open about our lives than people who don't have an ostomy. These dating sites I see on the computer only tell you what they want you to see. I don't think they will tell their personal problems. But here on this site, we tell all and we like it. I have it lucky that there is an ostomy society here in San Diego and we meet every other month. And there are many single ladies and gents.
Maybe you can be the one to start a monthly get-together where you live. And bring ostomates out to smell the roses. I go to area hospitals to see ostomates and let them know there is life with an ostomy. The women are there, Geoff. Good luck and good hunting.
Bikerboy Greg

Tall geoff

Well, after putting myself out there and making myself look like a twat, I haven't had a single email from someone who really wants to know and will take the time to get to know the real me. Well, it just goes to show that being honest does not always pay. Well, to be fair, I might as well just give up. I thought people would want an honest, loving guy in their life. It does not look like there is anyone here. I mean, 300+ views and not a single loving email or from someone that's interested. LOL.
;( OK, I'm probably too loving for some people, which I admit, and I'm too forward as well. But hey, I'm just a loving guy and I try to show that. Well, maybe I'm just doomed to be on my own. It's a shame because I've got lots of true love to give someone special and yet no one wants it. x x x I'm now feeling very sad today. ;(

Past Member

Give yourself a break, Geoff. I hardly think you fall into the "twat" category!

And give yourself a little time. People meet on here all the time (even when they're not looking for a partner, like I found out!), so when you're least expecting it, I'm sure you will find the right girl!

Try not to be too down on yourself, mate, and focus on the fact that you're healthy enough to be thinking about a relationship.

Best wishes,
Jo x

DJ Sunfire

I know how Geoff feels. I have lived with a colostomy for 41 years and I can count on one hand how many girlfriends I had. I tried to go out but nobody around here will go out when they find out about my colostomy. I was engaged twice but they both fell through. Well, one was because I called it off. She was into drugs and all, and I didn't want to be in that situation, so I left. I am still looking for that special someone in my area, but if it doesn't happen, I am just going to have to live with it and occupy my time with other hobbies, like riding a motorcycle, DJ'ing, and singing karaoke. I have come to accept that most people are afraid of what they know nothing about. Believe me, I went through a lot of rough times when I was still in school. Just be strong and you can overcome anything.

DJ Sunfire (Kurt)

weewee

Yo dude
You only posted a couple of days ago, and let's think about how many people lie, put up a bullshit photo, or plan scams out there. Or how many even live close to you to even date? I have been on here for about nine months and barely got a few people to talk to a few times. I know I would love to hear from a sexy babe and share all my shit with (lol). I made a funny because we know, share and share alike.

WOUNDED DOE

Good luck to you, Geoff!! There is a sea of wonderful people on here to get to know!!

NancyAnn

Hi Geoff, funny I met my friend Mike who lives in the UK on the Isle of Man on Meet an Ostomate and we have "been together" for about 8 years. He has come to visit a couple of times already and we write to each other every day. You might get lucky and find your true love.
I never thought I would meet anyone either, so hang in there. You sound like a great guy.

friendly

Hi there. My name is Jennie and I am new to this site. I have had an ileostomy for 34 years. I am 54 years old and live near Brisbane in Queensland, Australia. I enjoy reading your comments so thought I better join in. I work as a nurse in a hospital and also do casual shifts in a nursing home. My ileostomy has never interfered in my life and I do everything that anyone else does and eat anything and consume the odd bit of alcohol. I have been very lucky with being accepted by men when I tell them about my ileostomy. I got the ileostomy when I was 20 due to ulcerative colitis. Nearly died, the whole big story. I married when I was 21 and that lasted for 10 years but we were not lucky enough to have children so my husband told me I was hopeless and left me. (We tried IVF the whole time). I took the blame and then met another man and got pregnant straight away without IVF and had a beautiful girl then got pregnant straight away again and had another beautiful girl so 2 babies in 12 months. They are now 18 and 19 and both studying to be nurses also. I left that man 4 years ago because he was a chronic gambler and I could not stand it any longer. Then I met my beautiful Darryl 3 years ago and we are extremely happy and engaged. So I have never had a problem with men because of my ileostomy. I have many friends and most of them would not have a clue that I have an ileostomy and I don't feel the need to tell them. I have only ever told people on a need to know basis. The friends who I have told about it were shocked and had no idea whatsoever. Most people I work with would not have a clue but in nursing, they would not be that interested because we see it all the time. All I can say is cheer up and be positive and upfront when needed and treat it very low key and others will not make a fuss about it. I have so many stories to share with you all. Thanks, Jennie

Tall geoff

Thanks guys for all your nice comments. Well, it was a risk I was prepared to take, putting myself out there. It makes it so much better having a girlfriend who understands what you're going through, rather than one who doesn't. That's why I put up this ad, lol. Anyway, I'm still around here. x xgeoff

swiffer

Well, Tall, have you found her yet? I don't think I want to date anyone that does not have something like we have. It would be too embarrassing for me in so many ways. I think those that were married before their operations have it differently because their spouses knew what was coming and helped them through it. Anyway, I may be wrong but that is how I feel.

Pinky

That's how I feel too, Swiffer. Although I did hear of a woman who went on Match.com - she had a brain tumor, and laid it right out there - "Is there anyone out there who would date a woman with a brain tumor?" No one rewarded her for her honesty, but a man she had dated in the long ago past saw her profile and contacted her, they reunited and he became her caregiver. I hope this isn't just an urban legend!

Past Member
Weewee, I dont think the women on this site would do what you said, why would they. Some of us are already as down on ourselves as we can get. I gained some weight and my doctor wouldnt let me cheat with Lipo this time, I finally lost some of it after I got those NU Hope Hernia Belts and I dont have much more to loose before surgery. Beyond told me about. I was so darn afraid of a Hernia and thank the Lord I didnt get one. I am eating right since I dont have to be on a diet and can eat a jar of peanuts, I have to be good. I am not doing all the things I did, plus I am afraid to go back to the Gym. I can't wait until this year passes and man I never wanted time to pass so fast until now. I dont think you understand women, man all we want is to be treated nice and most women arent that open until you get to know them. I am just way to pushy and I guess that is the Priest in me. Women still like men to make that first move I am seeing even in the days we live in. They are afraid of being hurt as much as any of you men are, just a women dont always know what you all are thinking. I wish they did and God help you men if they did, cause it isnt just sex. You all want to be held and loved and cared for as much as any of us. God that is the one good thing the good Lord gave me in my Personality is my knowledge to be able to think like a man, I do like that about me. Plus my husband who is so quiet most of the time, says Gosh honey if I never married you then I would of had one hell of a boring life. Wee wee you all just need some confidence, its not like the women on here are putting up pictures that arent them, this isnt a dating site or even a normal chat site, we all got sick. What the heck we gonna hide, we are telling things we never thought we would say to men, well maybe I would of, but most women might not have. But heck growing up in all those Rectories with all those Priest, I say about anything. I also know there are some women who want to be in charge and make that first move, but that is more rare than most men think, Just you all dont be so afraid, cause you all are way cool to me, I am just very happily married, Thank God, Love ya, Jenny
Past Member

Pinky, this was one I had to think on most of the day. I have heard of beautiful stories and also some tall tales we all have been told. It would be nice to believe this is true, as sometimes, like I always say, truth is really stranger than fiction. Maybe it was just the way I grew up, Pinky, but to me, the truth sometimes really is. I have never been on a dating site, but I have friends that have and some even married. But most of my friends meet at the church on singles night or at a get-together, and some have met on a dating site on the net. Pinky, I wish women knew how much a man really needs a woman. You think that song was not true, but man, I don't think I ever knew any song about how a man really feels that has hit that close to home. I mean the one called "When a Man Loves a Woman." Men get sicker than we do when we hurt them or break their hearts. It's always better to be kind if they are decent men, and most men are really decent. All I can say, Pinky, about that beautiful story is I hope it's all true. Love, Jenny.

Past Member
Hi Geoff,

Too bad you are in the UK (and are 15 years older than me). I could really use a Romeo. It seems like there is a sparse selection of nice, young men in the US.
Past Member

Heck Geoff, you got a bite and I know people aren't fish, it was an expression. She is very young and wise, and I am talking about Octopus. She was kind enough to tell the truth. Men are scarce in the USA. Also, marriages don't last like they used to in our country, and that is really sad to me. I am a lifer, or I will call it quits. I can only really love one man in my life. Maybe that old school Catholic in me, but I wish the best for any lonely hearts out there. Women, Geoff, is very handsome, and I thought he would get more of a response. I have been wrong plenty of times, but when a nice guy puts himself out there, he should get respect for having the courage to do that. Rejection hurts anyone, and gosh, you think we worried about a zit when we were growing up? Men worry about everything. I think us women got off way easy. Anyway, if you all get a chance, I hope you get to see the comedian Dane Cook. Man, he could be my brother, he is so funny. At least his humor could break the ice for anyone who just doesn't get comedy. Thank you again, Octopus. God bless you for caring. Sorry about the age difference and also the distance. Love, Jenny.

Tall geoff

Well, thanks for that kind of comment. And yes, I really thought I would have gotten a better response from my ad. Just goes to show you, doesn't it? Maybe I should move to the USA then.

Past Member

Geoff, don't give up. Most women really want a man with a slow hand. We aren't any different than you all. We all like it nice and easy and calm, lots of play. But most women don't like it rough, nor do I. One of my favorite songs and it kicked me when he died as he was one of the best. I am talking about the man: Conway Twitty. Now he knew how we liked it and he sang it like he knew. We are like any other country. People like S&M but it isn't something me or my friends talk about. Not something I would want in my marriage or my girlfriends. Most of the women I know are so much like me and just want to have a good time and a lot of fun. I remember falling in love and the best part of that is staying in love. It is the biggest high you ever get in life. You will get some bites, give it time. Women are also self-conscious, they just don't know you. Plus, you are a good-looking man. Women need to feel good about themselves and that is what shines through our eyes as women. Not what we wear or don't wear, it is just that most men want a good, honest woman and they are out there.
Give it some more time. It was one cool idea I thought. I pray it works, Geoff, and you find true happiness because it is out there. Jenny

glyn

Hi Geoff, I have just registered on this site. I am not very good at the internet, so it takes me ages. But I thought your profile was lovely, and I was reading it thinking I would love to meet you. But then I went to the top of the page and saw you are only 37. I was disappointed as I am too old for you. But I would like to say, don't give up, and I wish you all the luck finding the right person.

Past Member
Geoff, I would say even two replies is worth it to keep trying. Maybe you got the wrong ages and the wrong countries, but there are women out there who would love to know a gentle soul like yourself. Geoff, I never even looked at what you like to do. My best friend put down one thing: shopping. Cool with me, I love to shop also, but I also have a million other things I love doing. But when you care about someone, no matter if it's a girlfriend, a coffee buddy, or a lover, you can adjust if you care enough to. I know you wouldn't have put down Romeo if you were not willing to adjust. Although that story had a sad ending, I think with my sick twisted mind I would put down: "My Best Friend's Girl" with Kate Hudson, as everyone knows she is Goldie Hawn's daughter, and my favorite comedian Dane Cook who plays Tank. Now to me, that is one true love story, but I do have that sick sense of humor. But what I found in my life, as serious as I can be, I can also be pretty wild. Not a bad combo for me. Geoff, I don't want any of you men giving up, as I have seen how you all feel having a pouch and wanting to share that with someone else who has the same, and it is so understandable that it breaks my heart. I thought we were humans and not animals, but judging someone for an illness to me is plain stupid. Loving someone is more than looks or handicaps, it's what is deep in that person's soul. I don't want to see you give up, as I want to see victory with you, Geoff, and any other man who has the courage to do what you did. You started a trend and I pray you finish it with top dollar results. A good man you are, and never forget these women are also looking at a really good-looking one. The sad thing is they don't know how good-looking they are either. I wish they would just give you a chance and let you make that choice, like they say, looks are in the eye of the beholder. Keep the faith, Geoff, and I will keep praying. Love ya, Jenny.
tine

Hi all

I think it's hard being single and having to deal with what we all have to go through. I find the dating side really hard...people say I've got so much going for me but afraid this bag and how it's been playing up since I've had it has held me back in many ways. Hopefully when it's all sorted and I'm leak-free, I can find a special someone to share my life with.

Tine.....xx

Past Member

Tine, see if Geoff found his women yet. He is one nice guy and I think you would like him. I will talk to you later, Tine. Take it easy. Love ya, Jenny.

lottagelady

Sssh, but I think he has!

Past Member

Roch, if he did that, is all cool, but he should tell us so we know. I think if it worked for him, then it should work for us women also. Not me, but the ones that are single. I also have to tell you that your dogs are so beautiful and look like I just want to hug them. I have a small one as right now I am living in a townhouse in Atlanta and it is easy. I have had about every kind of dog, my favorite was my Irish Wolfhound as he was just way awesome. He did eat my furniture as a pup and my bathroom cabinets, but all in all he was worth everything he did and more. I remember cooking his breakfast, I had to make a whole loaf of French toast for him and I mean the long loaf of bread. He had his dog food also and he even outlived his life expectancy. I have always just loved animals. I had to keep all our cats outside as my husband can't breathe around one. But in Illinois on a farm, you have to have cats as we also grew ginseng and had houses for it also, but we had to put snakes in there to really eat all the mice. I'm not sure the cats could have done that job. Anyway, thank you and I figured he found him a woman as we have some cool ones on here, but man he can tell us how well it worked and give these single ladies some hope. Love ya and stay cool, Jenny.