Romeo seeks his Juliette - The 1st dating ad on this site

Replies
Views
Tall geoff

Sorry, but it didn't work out.

Past Member

Geoff, kick some rear man, I am so proud of you and my belief in romance holds true. Time will find someone as I believe she is ready at this time in her life, thank you for your kindness in sharing. Geoff, I am so glad you found someone and someone found you as you really deserved to be happy and not alone, just remember never stop working at the one you fell in love with and vice versa. I read on my email just a bit ago you had said something on dating and to my not so shocked brain, cause I was tipped off by a lovely person, I still had to see what you had to say. You sound happy and you stay that way as we make our own choices in life and she sounds like a keeper. God bless you Geoff and yeah keep in touch, you did make friends who care. Love, Jenny

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,362 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

Your coping really well after everything you have been through. After you get sorted out, nothing will hold you back. I have had my ostomy for so long, I can tell very quickly how a new ostomist will cope. You score 10/10. You have done the hard part, now it gets easier. The difference between love and lust. If they love you, they won't care about the bag, just happy you're well. Lust, you're too good for them with or without a bag. x x x
tine

Thank you so much, Stu.... I guess I am getting there... been a bit of an emotional rollercoaster, but it makes us stronger in the long run. I know I'm not ready to offer anybody 100% of me, and when I do, it is going to be one special person.... Thanks, Stu, for your continued support.... xx

TJames
Hi mate good to read that you have found a relationship, Really pleased for you, it gives other hope that not everyone is judgemental and there are people out there that can see beyond the stoma, and see everything else that you have to offer. Good luck to both of you for the future.

Anthony

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
Tiggy
I've said it before and I'll probably say it at least a million more times;

I don't get it.

I will never understand why dating or having sex with someone who happens to have a bag is such a deal breaker for so many people. I hate hearing about it, it makes me angry and sad and just really scared for the human race, quite honestly. I've heard it said before that if my husband had his ileostomy before we met, then I would be singing a different tune but I say bollocks. My husband is a sexy beast and I firmly believe I would think so whether or not he had his operation before we met.

Everyone has baggage! But some of my husband's just happens to be visible. Seriously, it's just NOT a big deal at all. My husband has an ileostomy, I have stretch marks, no one is perfect.

I really hope that everyone in the community who is trying to find their soul mate is successful in this endeavor. I'm sorry the world can feel like such a lonely and shallow place for you at times.
loren4life
Congrats, Geoff!

And you mentioned the key, you found someone with whom you really clicked. And those relationships are there for those that will look, be honest and real.

I've dated those with ostomies and those without. And haven't had any issues with intimacy with ladies knowing I had an ostomy once we clicked in so many other areas of life.

Life is to be cherished and I'm going to enjoy all of it I can, with someone with similiar interests.

Loren
Past Member
hi geoff,that was brave of you to put yourself out there like that,im sorry youve had no replys,but i really agree that people use this more for info and support as apposed to dating but on the other hand there is a dating sight called plenty of fish .com,that is free where im sure you will receive plenty messages and also give you confidence to send messages without feeling like a twat(your words not mine lol) a bit of advice corrospond with people for a bit let them get to know your personality then if you feel you need to tell them about your bag, do so,but dont be disapionted if they dont reply there is plenty of fish in that sea lol,ive met someone on that site and weve been together 3 months and he says the bag does not bother him,but i think thats because i dont really bring the subject up much,and just pretty much get on with life,best of luck for you sadie xxx
makemelaaf
Geoff,
W hen reading your post I had to close my eyes for a minute and take a second look to be sure what I was reading was not a figment of my imagination. The thought of a prince charming out there searching for someone to love, It s so romantic, comforting, and warm. I think we all search for that " Knight in shining armor", the perfect love, and that romantic connection. I also search for my "Romeo" and pray every day that he will ride by on that white horse and scoop me up to live forever in that fantasy world of love. I realize the need for affection and that comforting touch each and every day. As I am out in public I notice the elderly people walking and sitting together ,holding hands, laughing, and having conversations with one another. I have to admit that I am envious and want what they have also. Life is short and we need to have that special someone to share it with. Geoff you are beautiful inside and out, someone would be so blessed to have you. I wish you all the luck in the world.
Karen
tarababy
Hey Tall Geoff....damn shame ur not closer...Id love to meet an honest open guy.I have given up..Broken hearts are a dime a dozen these days..Respect and understanding is a myth.I believe in TRUE LOVE....Just not for me...Good luck with your search...and as a few said..Have patience..All good things come to those who wait.Or so they say.I'm thinking of doing what a lot of men do...Booty calls only......If only I could be bothered looking..lol...Hope you find what your looking for..
Lizz
My advice is to stop going on about 'giving love' and start telling these women about YOU! What makes you laugh? What are your life experiences? Hobbies? Places you love? World views? How you spend your days? We all like someone with a positive outlook on life, but if you sound like a whinger, nobody will be interested. Start looking outward instead of inward. You've done the brave thing - now follow it up with more info about how you live your life. Best of luck!
WOUNDED DOE
Congrats in finding someone special Geoff!! That is wonderful news!!
Past Member
i dont have a problem getting laid now finding a relationship thats a problem but i dont think it has anything to do with my colostomy its just a sign of the times ...D
mandymoore
What do you mean by 'just a sign of the times'?
bikerboy
women are picky ,a guy with a stoma,a guy w/o ,hmmm we got voted out.unless you were in a relationship for a lot of years we ostamates will be voted off the Island when it comes to a relationship over a year.the funny thing thats happened to me is when ostamates are on this site telling they want to meet and talk or have dinner or pursue a sexual time and would pay to meet up with you and when I get to there town or in their area they clam up and dont answer email,what is up with that,they want to be intemite but only on the site not in person.I drive a thousand miles to work and ride my harley and invite ostamates out and been turned down every time,guess I'll have to try the UK
Past Member
dont know ..not sure what the divorce rate in the UK is but here its an industry lol never been to england never had a reason
WOUNDED DOE
As for me, I've only been in a few relationships in my life and each time got burned, deeply hurt to the core of my Soul, so I don't go that path anymore, I give up. Now I just spend my time with friends when possible and we all help each other out best we can,...but I step on the idea of Romance like a bug these days lol.....my heart cannot endure that anymore, I have no more trust left in me for that road........When I'm not working I just want to relax, go fishing, hang out sometimes to share some laughs or sit in silence among friends and just float down the river in kayaks or Stargaze or hit the beach to wiggle my toes in the sand......

I don't know how things are where ya'll live but here in Wisconsin things are getting tougher to survive if you're ill or weighted down with medical problems....many of us are sharing appartments or homes together to help each other get by and assist each other best we can....it definitely helps, for without doing so we would no longer be able to survive.I am no longer able to do as much as I used to but I still do what I can and when I'm not working I like to sit with a bowl of buttered popcorn or a pile of knitting in my lap and rock by the flickering glow of the late night television.........THAT is my new Romance lol.......just finding Peace where I can. I've grown tired. Very tired.

Cheers and good luck everyone, this little Doe loves each of you xoxo
Tall geoff
Hi all

well its been over a year and a half now since I put my self out there didn't work that time and so I find my self now confident enough to put my dating skills to the test once again.(I hope)
so I'm back looking for that perfect someone I see there's been lots to talk about .
feel free to get in touch if your also looking for that special some one to.
J.J.
Hi Geoff!

Have faith..I bet the perfect girl for you is out there somewhere =)
and she will find you ! Happy Easter..

take care,
J.J.
Past Member

Hi Geoff,

I'm not a full member yet so can't initiate chats. Send me a message?

L

Zywie

Dear anwylyd-un,

If I could private message you I would have, but am wondering if you realize the last time Geoff responded to this post was in March of 2013 ? ;You could try winking at him and see if he responds. We can "wink" even if we aren't paying members. I only replied because I did not know if you noticed and did not want you to get upset or hurt if he did not respond.

There's a lot of great people on this site but they don't always come online frequently. I hope you find who you are looking for.

Past Member

Thanks Zywie, I figure he'll get a notification that there's been activity on this thread. I appreciate your concern.

L

Zywie

Ah, forgot about notifications.... "face palm". Hugs

gordonc

anwylyd_un Like you I am not a fully paid up member so cannot send you an email or anything,.

Be luckyshiny happy people!

Tall geoff

well hello there yes im reading this .

my membership has ran out

ill try get in touch ok anwylyd-un

Tall geoff

hi im am here

anwylyd_un

take a look at my profile ok ;-)

Past Member

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for the prompt, have sent a message.

L

Past Member

Message bounced back, can you check the destination spelling?

Tall geoff

didnt get it lol take alook at profile again did u co uk it?

Past Member

Sure did, boomeranged right on back to me though. Gotta love technology eh?

L