Gram-positive Cockeye(?)

Replies
Views
ChristopherDL

I'm just wondering if after an ileostomy or any other procedure, anyone else got a bug called gram-positive cockeye growing in their blood? I had my stoma for 3 weeks, then suddenly couldn't move. I was immobilized for 2 weeks before I went back to the hospital where they said I have a bug in my blood. Luckily, it's being killed by antibiotics so I get out in a week. I'm just curious if this is a bit common or just my bad luck?

beatrice

Nope, didn't get that... but sure felt cockeyed after my surgery - sorry, couldn't resist.

Seriously, sounds very bad... all the best to you for a speedy recovery. There are so many bugs and germs in hospitals, the sooner you are out the better IMHO.

I was in isolation with C-Diff - another common hospital germ (not just hosp, but it loves to hang out there).

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,369 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.