Instead of a Belt

In this discussion
Replies
Views
swiffer

For those who cannot wear a belt or don't want the pressure around the belly stoma area, here is what I have been wearing for a few years now. You can find these suspenders with triggers in different styles. I like the triggers because the ones with clamps always come loose. Of course, I usually wear Levi's and surprisingly they do not rip the belt loop like I thought they would. The best pair I have, I altered myself because I wanted a thin leather one, so I bought a set and went to the local hardware store and bought the triggers and put them on myself.
Suspenders - Scissor Snap Style

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,089 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

bepositive

I am pleased to read about your contraption made out of suspenders. You seem to be quite an innovative ostomate. I too did the same thing, such an arrangement becomes very convenient. As you mentioned, I too had to do some alteration by fixing two clips at each end to connect them to the loops of the pouch. Generally, I manage to make two improvised belts out of one set of suspenders.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
swiffer

I am an idea man. I have to be. I see you are a very knowledgeable man from your profile. A teacher of science and math. Wow, I would like to meet you someday and have a conversation. I do not have a higher school education like you; I have a day-to-day education that takes design and math to the practical level. For 34 years, I have been a masonry house builder. [Stone, brick, and block] My sons now run the job sites, but with all the paperwork involved these days, I keep busy keeping up on that.

bikerboy

You guys take the fun out of the belt. I'm proud to have a tan line from my strap. While at the beach, it makes a great conversation with the babes. They complain about bra straps, I brag about mine. Works for me.
Bikerboy Greg

swiffer

Bikerboy, in the short time I have been on here, I can tell you are a whole different breed of humankind. I would bet you would not have any problem posing in Playgirl, bag and all.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Past Member

Hi there Swiffer, I know it's been a long time since you originally posted this, but I am very interested in the "trigger" you refer to. I also wear suspenders or braces as we call them here, but the only problem I find is that the clasps (trigger) keep coming loose. I also wear Levis most of the time but have resorted to dungarees for work as they're more comfortable and won't fall down. Thanks again, Colm