Yay, it's finally here

Replies
Views
Gus

I'm off into the hospital on Monday the 21st for my parastomal hernia repairs. Been looking forward to this op for ages. Coincidentally, it's my birthday on the same day so make sure any cheques are sent uncrossed and payable to me only lmao. My Mrs. Jo will keep you all updated as to my progress and recovery till I head back home. Till then, be good or good at it.

Pinky

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers, Gus! I may be having something similar done soon myself. Good grief - we are the only ones online - it's only 11 pm here - what time is it down under?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,370 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

Happy Birthday!!!
And good luck with your op... HUGS

swiffer

Yes, good luck and hope you have a short recovery.

gutenberg
Wishing you well Gus, but I'd like to add, I think its only people in our conditions who would be looking forward to surgery, ergo, it should help in the healing process with an attitude like yours, just remember it takes time to completely heal so don't start pushing your luck, we'll be looking for information from you or your good wife. All the best my ostimate friend, Ed

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Mike

Happy Birthday Gus & good luck!!

lottagelady

Happy Birthday for Monday, my swashbuckling matey... All the best for the surgery, me soon, but not the hernia as yet...
Rach xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

magpie

Hello Gus, just want to wish you the best and a speedy recovery from hernia surgery. Hope all goes well. I also have a peristomal hernia and who knows what will happen down the road for me. Have heard so many different opinions on the procedure. Will send up good thoughts, oh also have a great birthday!

beatrice

Happy B-day Gus. Hugs going out to you (and Mrs. Jo too -- these things are hard on our sig others too). Speedy recovery.

kinder

Will keep you in my prayers, Gus. Just had an umbilical hernia repaired on the 26th. They did something called "separation of parts" rather than the mesh. I think it has something to do with loosening the muscle and pulling it together. Supposed to be something like they do for a tummy tuck (I'd have rather had that!). I think this is supposed to be stronger and not using the mesh because sometimes it has a tendency to be rejected and then gets infected, causing you to have to have another surgery. Left the hospital with three drains and my ileostomy - need I tell you that I did not want to go shopping because I was sure security would want to check out what in the world I had stuffed into my pants!! Thank goodness all the drains are out and now I just have to make sure I don't screw this up and lift anything heavy. I had to have an ileostomy due to ulcerated colitis in August of 2009. Just got my strength back and felt almost normal when I looked at my belly button in April, saw this big bulge. Let's hope this works, I finally get back on track. When I read what some people are going through, I have to thank God I can eat and drink anything I want, really don't have any problems with the ileostomy so far. I pray that things go well for you also. Make sure to tell Mrs. Jo to let us know.

Kinder

Past Member

Gus, when you read this also know that I have been praying for you daily. I hope only good things for you and a healthy life. You are one cool guy who needs a break too. I am glad I read your post and got to know you that way. I saw your heart was so good and so pure, and you care even about the newbies. We could all be strangers and you would give us a kind word to cheer us up. I hope by our love and prayers we cheered you up. Love always and forever, Jenny.

beatrice

Has anyone heard how our dear crazy guy is doing?

lottagelady

Friday, he said he wasn't doing so well - quite a lot of pain issues and had popped another hernia while getting out of bed - hope he has improved a bit over the weekend .....
Rach xx
beatrice

Thanks, Rach! Those darned hernias. I was really hoping this operation would do it for him for a while.