Stoma Covers

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Diamond

Good afternoon, I have been irrigating for about 10 years and currently use mestopore patches. However, the adhesive has been irritating my skin for the past few months. Has anyone got any suggestions regarding a skin-friendly stoma cover? Thanks, Diamond

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,089 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

three
Hi Diamond,
Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film (from 3M in a spray bottle or individual wipes) is a product I have used to protect the skin, and I find it works to a point; however, some people find it decreases the ability of the flange to adhere to the areas covered with the film.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
jeaniefrances

I use the wipes... they are great... clears up any problem... Jeanie

shyannetla

I have used the wipes before as well, but never had any success with them personally. My skin just had to become accustomed to the wafers the hard way... lol sort of like my life story... academic lol...

Jojoslife

I use Cavalon wipes. They're great for me.

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister