That Awful Smell

In this discussion
Replies
Views
gutenberg
Hi there Dixiechick, wow 30 years with an ostomy has got my curiosity going and would like to know how much the ostomy products have changed over that period of time, and welcome, Ed
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,099 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Hazeleyes8

Tic Tac is the white kind. Mint put it in a bag.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Past Member

Hi, I have an ileostomy and boy does it smell at times! But no different to anyone else as we are all human! Anyway, I have been using a capful of Listerine Mouthwash when it gets smelly and it has worked wonders for me!! Hope this may help you too? Don't let it stress you though as everyone else has said, it doesn't matter if it comes out your butt or your bag!!!!!!! Have a wonderfully day!!

Beverley..... xxxxxxx

Eddie80

The only people that tell me off for the stink is my kids but you know kids! And for me if I eat a lot of chocolate it actually smells and looks like melted chocolate!! But that could just be me! Personally, I don't give a shit (pun intended!) if it smells, it is a part of life for everyone not just us ostomates (I have ileostomy). And I agree with a lot of people on here, I have family members that are intact that smell worse than me, that includes my daughter that complains about mine!

looking forward

Amen

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Past Member
Reply to zoe54

Universities

Killarney
Reply to jayski

Please tell me about M9