ConvaTec - request sample
ConvaTec - Try Esteem
ConvaTec - OstoMySecrets
ConvaTec - Me+ Join For Free
Advertisement
ConvaTec - Me+ Join For Free
Advertisement
ConvaTec - request sample

Ostomy supply SWAPS/TRADES? Extras stuff? Need something?

Welcome to MeetAnOstoMate
The Largest Online Ostomy Community
with 16,301 Members
Watch MeetAnOstoMate Video
Go to page: 1, 2  Next
  Past Member
Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:04 pm
I just had this crazy idea about swapping brand new, unused ostomy supplies.  I have LOTS of extra night urinary drainage bags AND adhesive remover wipes, but NEED leg bags.  I'm out of work and have no insurance to cover supplies, so I do what I can to get more.  Hollister has been kind enough to send me a lot of FREE supplies for the past few months!  They're awesome people!

But, I now need a new leg bag and figured I might see if anyone has an extra one they may not have needed, but who might need a night drainage bag or some adhesive removed wipes.  Maybe we could swap!

Just an idea.  What else to you do with valuable supplies you don't need but hate to part with?  Trading with someone who might need something but also has stuff they don't need seems like a cool idea to me: let's swap!  We both win this way!

Please, folks, let me know what you think of this idea.  We could use this thread for ANY ostomy supplies we might need or have.
Ostomysecrets Wraps - How do they work?
ConvaTec introduces Rebecca Zamolo
Post-Ostomy Surgery: Taking a Flight
Living with an Ostomy: Feeling Fashionable
Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:17 pm
Have you spoken to your local hospitals Ostomy nurse, they often have samples to give out & sometimes people give them unused supplies to help others.  It would be worth a call.
hopes this helps
eddie
Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:43 pm
This seems like a hell of a good idea, now to just push it. I'm thinking of the new classified section and I'm sure there are a lot of people who would like the idea also, just keep plugging away and hopefully you can make a match up, good luck, Ed
Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:37 am
I might have one at home, i will ck. I couldnt figure out how to work it with my regular bag, IF I didnt throw it away, I will send it to you. I will let you know..Jeanie in Georgia
Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:17 pm
I have extra colostomy bags that I would give to anyone who is in need.  I have a couple of boxes of closed bags by Hollister and maybe a few others.  My name is julybaby if anyone wants to get in touch with me.
Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:15 am
I found the leg bag. It is new although not very big. I can mail it to you if you will send me your address. I need the adhesion removal wipes, I have to use alot of those.
Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:26 am
My surgery is scheduled for March 24.  I will probably have both wafers and an almost unused package of Colostomy bags available.  I also have several bags/wafers that someone I know donated to me but were too small.  I intend to somehow donate the leftovers once all is said and done....

We should start some sort of "repository" here for such things.
Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:16 am
Dear Julybaby...

If the supplies are available, I woud be very interested in the closed end bags from Hollister, what size are they?  Cut to fit?

Mara
Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:27 pm
I have 2 leg bags I can send you.  Just send me your info and I'll ship them to you.
Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:10 pm
Sounds like a winner to me--nearly all of us have some extra supplies.
Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:00 pm
Great idea! I have a ton of 'temp' ileostomy bags/wafers leftover from convatec and wondered what the heck to do with it all! No one will buy them back even tho they're unopened~ pfffft!
If anyone has a size 45mm stoma feel free to msg me. I could use the closet space  =)
Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:42 pm
I'm in need of a box of closed end pouches regular and mini's. They are ConvaTec #413170. Some how I got a box of these wafers and opened one of them and didn't fit the pouches that I had.
Please let me know if you have the pouches.
Thank you
Celeste
I have some extra supplies myself that I have no use for.
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:56 am
hey great idea! Sort of like the book swapping website!  Has anyone set it up yet? I have tons of wafers and some pouches and flanges I can't use.  I would love to give them to someone who needs them or trade for anything I may want or need, ostomy related or not...
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:55 am
Bemeup.... Do you have any convetec wafers # 125271 or 125263?
Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:11 pm
HI Celeste. I apologize for taking so long to get back to you.  The Conva Tec wafers I have are #1258271 and #125263. I also have Adapt barrier rings # 7805.  If any are usable let me know. Thanks.  Hey I just moved here from Tx.  Had my surgery and treatment at MD Anderson.  Miss my Texas friends.
Go to page: 1, 2  Next
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.