On the Road to Recovery :)

Replies
Views
Franicaa

I had my surgery!!!

I've now got a J-Pouch and a loop ileostomy while my insides heal for 3 months! I was very scared going into it all but I had one of the best bowel surgeons in the country who has performed this surgery countless times as he used to work in America!

So, I had the surgery on Friday 23rd July at 9am and I was discharged from the hospital on Tuesday 27th July!! Pretty good, I think! The day I got back was hard, I was overtired, had no energy, and very teary from the anesthesia!
Second day home now though and feeling better, still weak, but one day at a time and I'm hoping to be back to full health in 3 weeks or so! I'd be glad to hear from happy J-Pouchees as I've spoken to my Stoma Nurse and she is friends with many happy recipients but obviously I would like to speak to some on here!

I'm stuck at home now for a good couple of weeks, but with good films, my lovely boyfriend with me, and plenty of chocolate, I'm sure I'll be happy enough. Please drop me a line if you've had this surgery and let me know how long recovery took for you, it's different for everyone but I'd love to hear from fellow pouchees.

Thanks, Fran x

Lobster
Just four days in the hospital is more than pretty good. Not so sure you'll be fully recovered in three weeks but all the best and enjoy the chocolates. As for films, I can recommend "Secondhand Lions" - it is a little gem that slipped by in between winning loads of awards.

http://movies.about.com/cs/secondhandlions/a/secondhandrev.htm

Cheers, Lobster.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,370 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

swiffer

That was a good movie. With two actors like that, it had to be. Glad you are back home, Franicaa. Let your boyfriend take care of you for a while. I think the 3-month recovery schedule you have for yourself is a good idea. You sound pretty upbeat and that is a great thing.

JohnNotKen
Glad everything went ok for you. Speak to you soon.