Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,168 members

Hospital Parking Fee's

Posted by spiritman, on Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:08 pm
Hi There To All Of You!
  As a constant returning hospital patient making appointment time visits,
I have had the misfortune of being given a parking ticket although I have the Blue Badge and at that time it was an emergency visit with a note added to that effect! Also up until now my relations parking fee's have added up to an amount of £ 470 Appx in the last few months! So in reality we the ill patients have to pay a heavy price just for being ill and needing hospital treatments................Is This the way to make us recover our health faster??????????     Bernie! (Illostomy/Kidney disease)Essex.

Reply by alanwbrowning, on Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:49 am
I can feel your pain! Just the other day, I parked in a "pay-for-parking" lot.  After ten minutes, I returned to my truck to find a parking ticket for $30.00 .  I was pissed!  I have no problem being penalized for a day's parking, but $30.00 is clearly punitive and vindictive and should be changed! Anyway, I hope your incident does not discourage you from getting the help you need at the hospital!  We ostomates need to stick together and encourage eachother!

Reply by budd002, on Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:10 pm
I can relate. I have handicap parking permit and had to take my son into the emerg so I parked in a handicap spot. I took him in and he was taken in right away. I got him settled and told the nurse I just wanted to go move my car. I wasn't even IN the emerge 5 minutes and when I went out to my car I had a 30.00 ticket! I then noticed the "rent a cop" guy still wandering around writing other tickets. I then moved my car went to get my pay and display ticket and went over to ask about this ticket. He turned to me and said..."either pay it or see ya in court!" Just like that too! all I said back was "Oh reallly??? we'll see about that!" I then went into his supervisor explained the situation and needless to say the ticket was torn up and the supervisor said he would deal with the Rent a cop. My son was actually admitted with double phumonia that day but has made a full recovery. What if I were say a heart attack paient or was bringing someone in that was having a heart attack? I personally couldn't care a less about going over to the machine fumbling to get the machine to accept my money choosing the time length because we all KNOW how long we will be there for. Then go back to my car to put the ticket on the dash. The person would be dead by then. Not to mention the closest machine to where I parked didn't even work so I'm suposed to go running around looking for one that does?? It's crazy! I know hospitals rely on parking fees to help with funding but I mean for paients that are in on a weekly basis there has to be a better way!

Sharry

Reply by Belinda, on Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:59 pm
I think hospital parking fees are a disgrace. Does anybody actually WANT to be at hospital, whether they're the patient or visiting a friend or relative. It's bad enough being ill without having to pay for the privilege!

Reply by Mike, on Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:13 pm

Belinda wrote:
I think hospital parking fees are a disgrace. Does anybody actually WANT to be at hospital, whether they're the patient or visiting a friend or relative. It's bad enough being ill without having to pay for the privilege!
The Parkingf fees at Cedars sinai in Los angelesARE 9.00 a day un less you have somweone in the hospital then the first day is free then it's back to 9.00 a day They Nickle& dime you to death

Reply by boatlady, on Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:37 pm
I have found a way round hospital parking.... I use the staff car park write a note saying I am agency staff will be back shortly with a pass! lol got away with it so far... well it's not fare if you use public transport you get your busfare refunded, but not parking so if you are fit enough for a bus thats ok the worlds gone mad
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.